Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor Trial Automatically Activated

deenos
Follower

Armor Trial Automatically Activated

I recently updated my RAX120 and noticed that the Armor functionality was available.  I did some reading on it but decided against enabling the trial or paying for a subscription.  This was about a week ago.

Tonight I started receiving Armor notifications from the Nighthawk app on my iOS device and when I logged in, I could see that the Armor trial had been activated.  No-one else has access to my router.

I have now disabled Armor in the Nighthawk app but I'm a little annoyed that it activated without my consent.

Has anyone else experienced the Armor trial being automatically activated?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Ashfall
Initiate

Re: Armor Trial Automatically Activated

The same thing happend to me.  I was already annoyed that the new firmware was advertising Armor and parental control software to me, and now it is forcefully opting me into a service that is scanning my on-prem devices?  That's it, I'm permanently done with Netgear!  This is very nefarious behavior and I can never trust them again.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 2 of 4
Bill_160
Tutor

I had the same problem today with my router too! I have the same router and started getting the messages today as well. I’m the only one who has access to it also. Fortunately I have a copy of the older firmware and replaced the new firmware with it! I also disabled the auto update as well!
Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Community users, 

May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number for our teams to look into this further.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7