Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor app

JimTheGreek
Tutor

Armor app

I'm happy w/the idea of 'some' protection running on the router, but Armor needs to get to work on their stuff, get on the ball!

In recommendation:

1. ALWAYS tells me to update my firmware and ALWAYS goes thru the process (IDK what it actaully does, if anything) but nothing changes other than losing almost 10 minutes of my time.

2. Tells me to turn on my guest network, it IS on!

3. Install Armor security, well, my home we're running all Norton & NordVPN, so are all the PCs and Laptops & Firesticks. Guest, I don't care. I'm not running VPN on the router due to some stuff don't like VPN.

So, how do I fix #1 & 2?

I know I cannot stop #3 since non of the devices are running bitfender. Wich BTW I attempted to install their VPN app, it's advertised that it can be used w/your current VPN provider, NOT true, it wants you to get THEIRS!

Personal opinion, I wish Norton would've gotten their ass in gear and joined Netgear! Couple years back they attempted to do the same thing, by building their own wifi router, the Norton Core wifi router, running their protection on it, but failed, it was a lousy design and they never done anything w/it.

You would think they would've worked w/Netgear, one of the best wifi manufacturers!

I personally l ike & trust Norton more than ANY other protection.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Re: Armor app — one more thing...

I keep getting emails from Bitfender to activate my subscription code.
I look at my app, it shows it is activated & has 362 days reminding!
I sure hope their protection is better than their app software!
How do I stop this crap? I get enough junk emails!
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Armor app — one more thing...

Hello JimTheGreek, 

May you provide a screenshot of the email for us to view?

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7