Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor automatically activated after new router install - RAX45

jtram
Aspirant

Armor automatically activated after new router install - RAX45

Bought a new RAX45/AX4300 router from Costco 2 days ago (after having to return my 2 year old R7960P router b/c it stopped updating firmware months ago - which is a well know issue now).  Late last night I start getting notices on my iPhone that Armor is scanning devices on my network.  I was able to turn Armor scanning off via the app, but it shows as now "Activated".  I then got an email from Netgear that Armor had been activated - I did NOT give consent or approve this activation!

I'll NEVER buy a Netgear product from anywhere but Costco since they will take your products back with no questions asked when they fail or malfunction.

How do I de-activate this service and ensure it's not going to start up again or start charging me??

Firmware Version V1.0.2.82_2.0.50

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Armor automatically activated after new router install - RAX45

Message 2 of 4
jtram
Aspirant

turning it off isn't the issue, HOW it turned itself on, activated and begin to scan my devices without permission in the first place is the concern...i have the same router at a different house, that one did not turn armor on automatically - and i set them both up identically. 

if it's in the fine print of the ToU all good, and i just missed it...if not, bigger issue imo

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

might have gotten clicked on during setup. Most devices come with a 30 day free trial that you can activate. If you didn't put in any credit card info, it can't charge you. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7