Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor needs a whitelist or per-use "pass"

technerdchris
Follower

Armor needs a whitelist or per-use "pass"

I was surprised that Armor blocked an email verification link a forum required. The link started with:

http://email.mg.vscope.cloud/c/eJx1jj1rwzAUR....

There were no options to bypass the controls and disabling Armor in the router was the only way to then join that online forum.

The blocking page needs to have a way to bypass the control. Maybe also include specific example of why it blocked it with a google search of reasons or citings?

Because of this "feature" and the inability for the less technically inclined to be able to resume valid use of the internet, I'll be recommending against this product.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Re: Armor needs a whitelist or per-use "pass"

Hi @technerdchris . I think that this is an excellent suggestion. I hope Netgear is listening. Although the ability to whitelist block pages is available via Bitdefender Support, being abel to do so on the fly would definitely be a nice enhancement and alleviate a lot of criticism that Netgear has been getting regarding BD-blocked access to legitimate Web pages.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
Dulanic
Aspirant

Agreed! I had to disable Armor because it blocked my power company.... stupid.

Message 3 of 4
shawn007
Guide

There are several posts about this and these people do not do anything about it. All they do is say you submit it and they will review and unblock your sites. After waiting weeks or months these people never bother to review or unblock the site. Not only are you not able to visit your site, it is BAD FOR YOUR BUSINESS that other customers who use this garbage are not going to be able to access your site. That will result in loss of sales and income to your company. This is a failed attempt at a Mesh Network router. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7