Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Armor on Orbi RBR50 transfer to correct license

HarpersMike
Tutor

Armor on Orbi RBR50 transfer to correct license

I've been running Netgear Armor on my orbi network using the trial license. Today I bought the full license - which is (unsurprisingly) via Bitdefender. That was fine and I followed the instructions to activate. When activating it told me I had an existing license (correctly stating when the license would expire) and asked me if I wanted to replace or cancel. I selected replace.
However when I log in I'm still being told that I'm on the trial license and when I look at my subscriptions I have the trial and the purchased license both active but my orbi router is still on the trial.
I could not find any instructions on how to correct this so tried to use the Netgear Armor contact support - but the submit button doesn't work in the app nor on a PC browser.
As the payment was via bit defender (who issued the activation key) I contacted them. They responded quickly and said to contact netgear.
I cannot contact netgear other than via an expensive international call. This is really poor. Past experience also suggests they will want to charge me as my kit is out of all but hardware warranty.

But, to cut a long story short, does anyone know how I transfer my router from the trial license to the purchased license?

Thanks
Message 1 of 33
evil_mike
Apprentice

When you buy the Armor license, you'll receive an activation code via email.  To apply it, open armor.netgear.com, sign in with your Netgear account info, and then go to My Subscriptions.  Click Activation Code and add the code there. Voila!!

Message 2 of 33
HarpersMike
Tutor

That is what I did and it created as a separate subscription. I need to transfer my router between subscriptions. 

Netgear also need to fix their armor support. 

Message 3 of 33
evil_mike
Apprentice

Sorry, misunderstood what you were asking.
Message 4 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @HarpersMike,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 33
evil_mike
Apprentice

Funnily enough, I am now running into the same issue. DexterJB, I'll await your PM 🙂

Message 6 of 33
gerimaster
Tutor

Same problem, pls.send me message.

Bets,

geri

Message 7 of 33
sork64
Aspirant

I have same problem, what to do pls.send me message.

Message 8 of 33
deltagamma
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  I set up the armor account with the incorrectly logged in account on the netgear orbi app and now I cannot change it to the correct app.  There's a lot to be desired with the inadequate support and lack of caring from Netgear on this.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can change the email address to the correct one?

Message 9 of 33
WeirdTechnician
Aspirant

Betreff: Armor on Orbi RBR50 transfer to correct license

Same problem here. Did you find a solution?
Message 10 of 33
sork64
Aspirant

how to transfer my router from the trial license to the purchased license? have some answers to this problem.

Message 11 of 33
gerimaster
Tutor

No answer:)
Message 12 of 33
deltagamma
Aspirant

Betreff: Armor on Orbi RBR50 transfer to correct license

Unfortunately, no solution. I even reset the orbi, which seemed like it might help, but nope, still get the login error and cannot change the associated email address.
Message 13 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Betreff: Armor on Orbi RBR50 transfer to correct license

Hi all,

This has been reported to the team. I will provide an update to the thread once available.

Thanks,

Dexter

Message 14 of 33
WeirdTechnician
Aspirant

Here is a collection of screenshots showing the problem. In the upper left the two subscriptions are shown. The one with zero devices is the paid one and should by used by the router. The paid subscription is empty (lower left) while the router is still on the trial subscription (see upper right corner). The 145 days remaining looks like if there were 55 days from my returned defective router and 90 days from the replacement unit. 

Also both devices are shown in the Armor Portal (lower right corner). Is there a possibility to remove the old device?

Thanks you 🙂

Message 15 of 33
WRSORBI
Luminary

I have the same issue.

Message 16 of 33
HarpersMike
Tutor

A quick update omn my issue.

So far the netgear front line support has been great - but the second line support appears to have done nothing. Therefore the problem persists, with no indication of how it will be resolved.

Message 17 of 33
WRSORBI
Luminary

The issue has worsened.  Since purchase and application of the subscription, no device is showing as 'scanned'.  All devices scanned were prior to subscription purchase.  See attached jpg.

Message 18 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

I have received an update from the team and the possible reason for the issue is that the trial license being activated on one device and the paid license on another. The advised course of action is to contact Bitdefender to have them sort this on their end. You can find Bitdefender's contact info on the link below.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Dexter

Message 19 of 33
WRSORBI
Luminary

I can confirm. I contacted Bitdefender support 4/22/19 and by 4/23/19 they removed the trial license and instated the purchase license. When I login to Netgear Armor, my account now shows a purchased subscription correctly.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 20 of 33
HarpersMike
Tutor

Same for me. It took 24 hours but now fixed by bitdefender.

What is annoying though is that I contacted bitdefender support originally and they told me to go to netgear support. This could have been resolved weeks ago if they'd looked at my original feedback properly.

But at least it's fixed.
Message 21 of 33
sork64
Aspirant

now it is ok, fixed by bitdefender.

Message 22 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all, thanks for the update and confirmation as well as working with us on the matter. Your help is appreciated.

Dexter

Message 23 of 33
ZoneMaster
Apprentice

I am also having the same issue. RE my post "ORBI Fails to Accept Armor Subscription"

I purchased & activated a subscription to NETGEAR Armor on the last day of my free trial (June 20th):

1. The subscription pane of the Armor website showed that my macOS, Windows, & Android AV apps accepted the new subscription.
  2. The ORBI router (F/W 2.3.1.60) still showed as active on the trial.

When the trial expired, the router failed to recognize the new subscription. The Armor icon in the ORBI iOS app status was Expired.

I tried the following actions, with no success:

1. Rebooting several times (via software & power-off).
  2. Accessing the ORBI via the iOS app, using both local & Remote Management options
  3. Uninstalling/reinstalling the iOS app.
  4. Factory reset of the RBR50.

After the factory reset, the Armor icon in the iOS app shows Not Activated.

Clicking on the icon attempts to activate another trial, which fails with a Failed to Subscribe error.

How do I get the ORBI router to acknowledge & accept the subscription? Is there any way to force the router to sync?

~Stan

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 24 of 33
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

I understand from other posts that folks to things straightened out overnight via Bitdefender Support. I don't have the link handy, but just go to their web site and take it from there. Why BUYING into this Netgear Armor should be this annoying beats me. But my undestanding is that without Bitdefender Support, subscription activation stays dark.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 25 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7