Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Armor on R7800

Faccin0
Guide

Armor on R7800

I've read several router are getting firmware update which enables Bitdefender Armor and I'm wondering if also my R7800 will soon get it.

Do we have any news regarding it?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5
myersw
Master

If they do put Armor on this router, you at least have options. 3rd party firmware such as Voxel, Fresh Tomato and DD-WRT for example. Voxel ran well on mine when I was using it. 

Message 2 of 5
abrahamduran
Aspirant

A couple of weeks ago I talked with one of their customer service representatives over a chat support session. I asked that person the very same question, although the representative admitted not knowing any specific details about it, the presentative filled a ticket to the engineering team about the request. I suggest you do the same, start a chat support session and tell them about this, since the more customer that want this, the higher the priority.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 3 of 5
microchip8
Master

If they do add Armor they will have to most definitely remove (advertised) features like in other models to free up Flash space for it. Also, while over at the competition (eg, ASUS) BitDefender is free, NETGEAR charges for Armor. Another money grab

Message 4 of 5
hushcoden
Luminary

@myersw wrote:

If they do put Armor on this router, you at least have options. 3rd party firmware such as Voxel, Fresh Tomato and DD-WRT for example. Voxel ran well on mine when I was using it. 

FreshTomato doesn't support R7800/X4S: you can install Voxel, DD-WRT or OpenWrt

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7