Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Armor on Wifi 6 Routers CAX80

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Armor on Wifi 6 Routers

Hi, I've just bought the Nighthawk RAX80. Are there any plans to activate Armor on the Wifi 6 models? You would have thought so with the cost of them. If so, what's the timescale?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Armor on Wifi 6 Routers

I know they plan on rolling it out to the RAX devices at some point. but I don't know when and netgear doesn't release dates. To many different things impact release dates such as bugs or world issues (covid). 

Message 2 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Do you know this for certain? If it’s in the pipeline I’ll keep hold of it. The thing is, Asus and TP-Link have Trend Micro variants on their Wifi 6 routers. There is no antivirus software included for Mac and PC admittedly but, to be honest, a router level only Netgear Armor would’ve suited me better.
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

Do I know 100%? No, I don't. Is it a reliable revenue stream for netgear? Yes it is. 

From my experience, they get the basic firmware running decent and then add features. 

Message 4 of 10
AbhayB
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI all,

Thank you for your notes. Please stay tuned for some annoucements/releases over coming months to include Armor on WiFi 6 products. As correctly mentioned, the timelines are definitely a bit challenging given the environment but we are making some great progress!

Message 5 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Is there beta firmware available for the RAX80 to try?

Many thanks

Message 6 of 10
Shawnm
Aspirant

Is Netgear armour being planned for CAX80 modem router?
Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

I'd imagine so since its a revenue stream for netgear/bitdefender. I know its been added to some the RAX devices (higher end) . The CAX80 was the most recently released device and its usually a bit after rollout that armor gets released.
Message 8 of 10
Shawnm
Aspirant

Do u think it’s better to keep my cable company’s modem Putting it in bridge mode and get the RAX version instead so that I can have it? Would I lose any features by not going with the all in one?
Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

@Shawnm wrote:
Do u think it’s better to keep my cable company’s modem Putting it in bridge mode and get the RAX version instead so that I can have it? Would I lose any features by not going with the all in one?

that's up to you to determine. If the whole reason you're getting rid of your providers device is so you're not renting a device from them, it kind of nulls that purpose. 

but you could get your own router and then modem. 

Or if you got the CAX80, wait a bit, its more than likely trickling down the pipe 🙂 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7