Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Armor trial fails to activate - Orbi RBR750

Shadowsteardrop
Aspirant

Armor trial fails to activate - Orbi RBR750

Unable to activate the trial of armor on my new Orbi RBR750 router. Error appears “failed to subscribe” I like the router so far but this is frustrating please help
Message 1 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Shadowsteardrop, 

May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number for us to check further. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 14
Shadowsteardrop
Aspirant

Sent private message on 9/4/2020 and still waiting for a reply.
Message 3 of 14
Shadowsteardrop
Aspirant

First response was to factory reset my router however it’s a brand new unit setup thru the app and I have 3 people working/learning remotely so factory reset is not an option. I will update this forum with ongoing steps as all other posts lacked this information.
Message 4 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi shadowsteardrop, 

I'd like to help with support reaching out to you for further assistance. If you wish to be contacted, please provide the following. Please send me the following info in a private message.

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Serial Number:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 5 of 14
Shadowsteardrop
Aspirant

Private message sent with contact information and recap of my household. Router is working great but my only issue is that I am unable to subscribe to armor trial period.
Message 6 of 14
Shadowsteardrop
Aspirant

Christian, the Forum representative, stated he forwarded my information to the support team but the only thing they received was a request to call me and had to verify all other information again.  That handoff was very frustrating and poorly handled but I can't blame Christian because it could have been the other side not reviewing the information.  I have only had this router 2 weeks and i'm already contemplating returning it.  The router works great except the Armor trial subscription but the first step in troubleshooting is to factory reset my router which means I would have to setup my 30 devices again.  So as a compromise I scheduled for the support rep to call me on the weekend and I receive no call so I updated my case to request escalation to management.  As my case progresses I will keep this ticket updated to share the process. Hopefully from here on I get better service.

Message 7 of 14
Shadowsteardrop
Aspirant

Support representative contacted me 3 hours after scheduled time and stated there was a power outage that delayed contact.  Since I was not at home I asked him to email me the information needed as he is going to pass it to the engineers for review.  Information received requested for the serial number of my unit for a 4th time which is beyond frustrating but the additional data requested has nothing to do with my issue.  I had to respond again that all connectivity to the router is working the only issue is the Armor Trial service will not subscribe for use.  My request to escalate to a supervisor was completely ignored.  I love Netgear products but the support services has severly made me rethink which brand to buy in the future.

Current firmware or driver: V3.2.16.6
Hardware version confirmed: 
Device Serial Number: 
MAC address of the device:

PC Adapter name and model (MUST list all devices that are having the problem and include their name/model): No issues with device connectivity to router
Adapter's driver version:
Data Link Rate reported by Wireless Adapter:
MAC address of PC/client having disconnect issue:
Description of Environment (i.e. - distances, floor area, barries like walls, glass windows,ect ).
Has user tried connecting using closer range (i.e. 6 feet)?
How often is the disconnection?
Do all devices disconnect at the same time (list names and models)?
Channels tested:

Message 8 of 14
Shadowsteardrop
Aspirant

Upon next call during the week I was asked to factory reset the router again so my same response was I have people working/learning right now. Due to the escalating frustration with the rep not paying attention to steps taken and making me continuously repeat myself I told him to close the case.  The headaches and frustration with support is not worth a trial service of armor.  I wish there was a way I could talk with a supervisor.

Message 9 of 14
dmautor
Aspirant

Please send me an email as well. Unable to subscribe
Message 10 of 14
smithgroup
Aspirant

So sorry I didn't see this post earlier.  I could have helped you.   You can factory reset the router WITHOUT having to setup each individual device again.  All you need to do is set the router up again using the exact same SSID and WiFi password.  Then each device will recognize the SSID and connect.  

I'm have a new Orbi and am having the same problem.  Armor will not activate.   I've factory reset it and it isn't helping.  I'm going to try once more unless you have a solution to share.  

Thanks!

Message 11 of 14
dcar123
Aspirant

@Shadowsteardrop wrote:
Unable to activate the trial of armor on my new Orbi RBR750 router. Error appears “failed to subscribe” I like the router so far but this is frustrating please help

I have the same problem.  Did you get a fix?

Message 12 of 14
ianmclein
Aspirant

Same thing, RBR750, failed to subscribe, cannot find a fix anywhere.

Message 13 of 14
svetaketu
Luminary

Hi,

The usual culprit in Armor activation issues is a mismatch between the email address used when you purchased the subscription and the NETGEAR account email address used to register/set up the router.

Changing/updating your NETGEAR account email could also be the culprit.

Please PM @Christian_R with the same details he asked earlier in the thread.

Hope this helps.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7