Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Armor

AKWillows1
Aspirant

Armor

Hi

So I'm nearing the end of my second week with Orbi and *mostly* everything has been good. I am having some problems with the connection dropping to Apple devices... iPhone, iPad and AppleTV but otherwise ok. I have read a few posts where users are being advised to turn of Armor protection.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly the benefits of Armor are? If  don't renew/switch it off, I assume the router is still protected by a firewall as with any other router? What do I lose by switching it off?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 6
AKWillows1
Aspirant

oops! Sorry! 🙂

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Yes, Orbi has a built-in firewall that will protect your network and will not allow access to your router's port except for those that you allow.

Armor / Bitdefender provides you additionally with: 

• Individual device protection for unlimited number of devices in your network. You can add software to every device to provide you with additional protection for the respective devices
  • On-the-go antivirus protection with Bitdefender Security 
  • Security status overview on the all new Armor Dashboard 

You can read more about Bitdefender here:  https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor/

Message 5 of 6
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @AKWillows1 . I don't know what your Netgear router configuration is; but I will share my experience any way.

I too experienced chronic Internet drops. I made too changes that got rid of them completely:

1. I don't have Bitdefender Total Security installed on any Apple devices, except for one iPod Touch.
  2. Using the router's Web page, I disabled Daisy Chain. Daisy Chain is usually ON by default and it works well, but ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE SATELLITE. If your Netgear network consist of a router and ONLY ONE satellite, Daisy Chain should be disabled.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7