Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor

Elvistech101gom
Follower

Armor

After an update, netgear installed Armor on my router. I can not find anyway of turning it off. My internet speed has dropped from 390 to 240. None of my IOT connect. How can I uninstall/turn this off? Why would they do this in the middle of COVID-19 when we are more dependent on our modem. Because my modem is older than 90 days, netgear is pushing me to buy premium support to ask them how to do something they did. Do I have to get another brand of modem or is this fixable? These sort of bundling need to be made illegal.

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Armor

Hello Elvistech101gom,

Welcome to the community! I've linked an article below on how to disable Armor using the Nighthawk or Orbi app. May you also send me a private message with your email address and serial number. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

Thanks,

Christian

Message 2 of 3
smitch9
Aspirant

Re: Armor

Thank you, I thought I had checked all the right places in the app.  I just bought a new Netgear RAX20 router and have have on-going and intermittent issues connecting to the internet from different devices even when the network connection shows I am connected to the internet.  I want to eliminate the Armor software as being the issue and needed to disable.  My last Netgear router never had this issue.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7