Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor

Ricorocks
Aspirant

Armor

I have the RAX80 Router!

1.  Armor for this router, is that a "Flash of BIOS" install to router?????

2.  If the VPN w/Bitdefender is not desired on Trial or after purchase (full product) can it be cleanly removed from 'router' without
     bricking the router???????
3.  Under 'warranty' will NETGEAR, replace router if BRICKED, by removal, of VPN w/Bitdefender

4.  Upon & after istall of "Armor"  are settings retained, or 'no' re-entering wifi pass

5.  I doubt seriously that the "VPN code" was written by NETGEAR, most likely they "partnered" with a 3rd party VPN maker,
     & had code written for Netgears products....  Which company did Netgear partner up with for the VPN????????????????
     Bitdefender says it "VPN" is not compatible, with Netgear routers, meaning Bitdefender's role, with "UNKNOWN" VPN
     contract supplier, is 'Anti Malware' addition to VPN.  Again who wrote the code for Armor VPN was it Netgear or other????

6.  The processor in any 'router' causes slow down, of internet speed, some processors fast others slow.   I typically get
     400+ mbps down (speed test) ethernet, reasonably with Armor, installed on 'router', what per cent decrease in speed

would be normal, or should accept.  Obviously 400mbps down no Armor, goes to 80mbps with Armor.  Would be  non-

acceptable & trial  period would end.  With Rax80 what slowdown is normal no Armor vs having Armor installed???????
     I understand this is a ballpark estimate, good or bad, & other issues in addition to vpn can cause slower speeds.

I do not trust Netgear & am very reluctant to try aromor, (most likely flash router bios) even under warranty.

7.  I will be moving to Canada & streaming choices, are significantly less in Canada, so Armor VPN could prove useful.  Geo           unlocking

does this work WELL with NETFLIK & PRIME, or trying differnet servers.

8.  How many servers around the globe, does netgears Armor package have??????????

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Armor

Ricorocks,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below and our support team can assist with any concerns you may have.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
Ricorocks
Aspirant

Re: Armor

Netgear support is an execise in frustration, & maddening at least.  I choose to ask general questions in this community, your reply might as well been, have root canal, on that sore tooth without novacaine.  If you cannont reply, then don't or just say, contact support.

Thanks

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7