Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armour Seccurity and Orbi

Purigading
Aspirant

Armour Seccurity and Orbi

I have model (RBK50) AC3000 , which I could not locate in the pull down windows when typing this so just selected anything to get things moving. But it is a (RBK50) AC3000 with 3 satellites.

I have 2 questions:

Since installing the Armour Security with Bitdefender in my Android phone the Orbi app shows only the Orbi main router in green -  but the  3 satellites are all in red.    Is this supposed to be so?    

Next, I tried to disconnect the  "security"   on the mobile phone app (android) in settings/security but all I get is "disabling NETGEAR armour", and then it times out without completing the disconnection. I tried many times, same all the time.

Would appreciate any help that can be provided to me and I thank all in advance for any such help given me.

Cheers, Gerry (Perth, Australia)

Model: AC327U|3G USB Modem/HSUPA
Message 1 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Armour Seccurity and Orbi

@Purigading wrote:

I have model (RBK50) AC3000 , which I could not locate in the pull down windows when typing this so just selected anything to get things moving. But it is a (RBK50) AC3000 with 3 satellites.

I have 2 questions:

Since installing the Armour Security with Bitdefender in my Android phone the Orbi app shows only the Orbi main router in green -  but the  3 satellites are all in red.    Is this supposed to be so?    

Next, I tried to disconnect the  "security"   on the mobile phone app (android) in settings/security but all I get is "disabling NETGEAR armour", and then it times out without completing the disconnection. I tried many times, same all the time.

Would appreciate any help that can be provided to me and I thank all in advance for any such help given me.

Cheers, Gerry (Perth, Australia)

Depending on how you have your bitdefender  set. Go to a PC and go to http://orbilogin.com/ and check if you see the satellites. Disable Armor and check if you see them in the app.

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Purigading wrote:

Since installing the Armour Security with Bitdefender in my Android phone the Orbi app shows only the Orbi main router in green -  but the  3 satellites are all in red.    Is this supposed to be so?    No. This should not happen.

"Armor" is what Netgear means by "Security" in the Orbi "app".  Similar to the way "Parental Controls" means "Disney Circle".

Questions about the Orbi "app" often get a more informed response if you post in the Netgear community forum devoted to the app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-pro-wifi 

Not having ever activated Armor myself, I have a suspicion that "something is messed up" between your Orbi and the "app" and the only way to correct things is to do a "Factory Reset" and set it up again. Next time, you might be better off to say, "No Thanks" to Armor.

Maybe someone in the App forum will have a better suggestion.

Message 3 of 7
Purigading
Aspirant

Thanks ...factory reset of the Orbi or my main router? Is the software for Amour inbedded in the Netgear app....and will always be there until it is removed or expired? Cheers Gerry
Message 4 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@Purigading wrote:
Thanks ...factory reset of the Orbi or my main router? Is the software for Amour inbedded in the Netgear app....and will always be there until it is removed or expired? Cheers Gerry

Hopefully factory resetting the Orbi router fixes it.

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Purigading wrote:

Bitdefender Armor includes software for individual devices (PC's, Mac's, etc.) and also software that runs on the Orbi router.  It is the router software that appears to interfere with what people want to do.  It also scans devices on the local LAN to discover "vulnerabilities".  This is the phenomenon that causes some laser printers to spit out three pages once a week when the Armor probe does (God knows what) when connecting to the printer.

I do not think there is any actual "Armor Code" embedded in the Orbi "app" because many users leave their Orbi app turned off for hours at a time (days?  weeks?).  Can't do much if the app isn't running.

The thing I (personally) find most annoying is that there appears to be no method to disable Armor from the web interface, only using the "app".  So a customer who gets sucked into "Activate Armor NOW" when setting up their Orbi using the web interface has no way to turn it off besides doing a Factory Reset or installing the app they never wanted in the first place.

Sorry to rant.

Message 6 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

I do not think there is any actual "Armor Code" embedded in the Orbi "app" because many users leave their Orbi app turned off for hours at a time (days?  weeks?).  Can't do much if the app isn't running.

NETGEAR Armor protects your smart home and private information from internet threats. Multi-layer cyber security is built into your WiFi router to secure an unlimited number of devices on your home network, like your smartphone, laptop, baby monitor, smart fridge, and more. Includes Bitdefender Security to provide anti-virus and anti-malware protection, and Bitdefender VPN for secure internet browsing using an encrypted connection for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS devices.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7