Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armour added to existing rbr50...how to install?

CR-sound
Aspirant

Armour added to existing rbr50...how to install?

I have an rbr 50; just bought  an Armour subscription. My firmware is up to date.  Is there a manual install  procedure for the rbr50? Buying a product with no manual is really an experience that mitigates against future purchases.

Likewise I have no instructions for adding protection to Windows machines.  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Armour added to existing rbr50...how to install?

Message 2 of 6
CR-sound
Aspirant

Yep, I got a code and activated. The process described online assumes the purchase of a new router setup. I see no instructions for adding to an existing setup router with current firmware. I  would like an  Armour manual; I have what I need for the router.

Message 3 of 6
CR-sound
Aspirant

one more detail...my Orbi app does not show a security  tab and does not show that it needs an update in the PlayStore

Message 4 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello CR-sound,

May you send me a private message confirming your router serial number and email address for us to look into this further.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 5 of 6
CR-sound
Aspirant

Just in case anyone has the same issue,  a restore  to factory settings was necessary to get the correct upgrade to install.  I ended up , before it got resolved, cancelling my  Bitdefender supscription.  The Bitdefender people were totally incompetent to address Netgear issues. I might go ahead and add the service, but the disconnect between Bitdefender and Netgear rankles.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7