Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bitdefender/Armor Automatically ENABLED on my RBR50???

coberfranc
Aspirant

Bitdefender/Armor Automatically ENABLED on my RBR50???

I don't think I ever signed up or ENABLED Armor, but I received an email saying I did and also in the Web GUI, it says it is Enabled.

How do I disable it?

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

I think you are more likely to find a solution on the Netgear forum specifically about Armor:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor 

Very few people post about Armor on this Orbi forum, and that forum seems to be pretty active.

After doing a couple of searches, it seems that the easiest way to disable Armor is using the Orbi "app".  Going to the Security page and turning it off.  (Disclaimer: I deliberately never turned it on, so I have not done this myself.)  And, yes, Netgear makes it really hard during the system setup to avoid turning on Armor and Circle.

Message 2 of 8
coberfranc
Aspirant

Thank you so much for the quick reply but I do not see any way to Deactive it in the ios app.

It has a trial message, but that just takes you to a site to signup, gotta love it.

Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

My Android Orbi app is the same.  Selecting the "Security" tile (picture?) brings up a page touting the wonders of Armor/Bitdefencer with a place to click on Free Trial at the bottom.  One would think that an Orbi that has Armor activated would not do this.  So, there appears to be a discrepancy between what the app is saying and what the web interface is saying.   This is WAY out of my league.  Since no one on this forum has chimed in, my guess is you will get more information over in the Armor forum.

Good Luck

Message 4 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @coberfranc, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 5 of 8
net-sb-gear
Aspirant

I had the same issue last night. Armor got enabled automatically around 9.30pm. I am chatting with the support and they are clueless. But i was able to disable it from the iOS app under Settings->Security.

I would really like to know how it got enabled automatically. Any ideas?

Message 6 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @net-sb-gear, may we know the model number and firmware version of your NETGEAR router?

Dexter

Message 7 of 8
net-sb-gear
Aspirant

Mode RBR20
Firmware - V2.3.5.26
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7