Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bought Armor for R7000 Router. Need activation code.

RALLM
Follower

Bought Armor for R7000 Router. Need activation code.

I bought the Armor subscription for the R7000 Router and I'm attempting to install bitdefender security on my desktop since it states the subscription covers multiple devices. It's asking for an activation code but I never received one since I did it all within the app on my phone. Is there any way to receive an activation code?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello RALLM,

May you send me a private message with your email and serial number for us to check further. I've linked in an article below on how to install Bitdefender on your devices and the article also includes links to install the service on other operating systems. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059552/How-do-I-install-Bitdefender-local-protection-from-the-Nighthawk-ap...

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
HKTKD
Tutor

I have the same problem.  I'm trying out the 30 day trial for the first time on my R8000 router (firmware is up to date).  I installed the app on my Android phone OK.  The link was sent to my desktop PC for the website to get the Bitdefender software.  The software on my desktop PC installed OK, but now it's saying (on my desktop PC) that my license is expired.  How do I get a 30 day license for Bitdefender?

This is so confusing.  There are a lot of hoops to jump through.

Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello HKTKD, 

For assistance with the activation code, you may contact Bitdefender support so that your subscription is reflecting correctly on your account.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Christian 

Message 4 of 7
HKTKD
Tutor

Unfortunately, I got the runaround from Bitdefender.  Trying out the Netgear "solution" shouldn't be this hard.  I bailed on all Armor options, uninstalled everything, disabled Armor and went with McAfee instead.

Message 5 of 7
Scooter1968
Initiate

I signed up with Armor through Netgear (not Bitdefender, confusing) and never received the email with the activation code. I've had a ticket open for close to 2 months and nobody's responding to give me the activation code. I can't use the Bitdefender VPN on my laptop without it. How do I get the activation code and use the subscription I paid for months ago (October)??

Message 6 of 7
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Scooter1968,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please DM us the serial number of your router and the registered email address. Please DM us your case number as well so we can further look into this one.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7