Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can’t disable netgear armour using Orbi app

Jengschultz
Follower

Can’t disable netgear armour using Orbi app

I installed an Orbi router a couple of weeks ago with not issues. Now my Mac mini is unable to go to any website as it is showing I a security threat. I have tried to disable Netgear Armour in the security settings in the Orbi app but it gives me an error that the "Process is taking too long (more than 60 secs), Try again!!" . I've tried to disable it many times. Please help me remove this!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Jengschultz, 

Please refer to the following article on how to disable Armor. You may visit the Orbi's admin page via web browser to confirm it's off. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

Christian 

Message 2 of 11
Heartsbane
Initiate

I've tried these instructions and it doesn't work. When I try to go to the security settings page to disable Armor, I'm automatically redirected to the store.bitdefender.com website. I just want to disable Armor.

Message 3 of 11
B13C
Initiate

Cannot turn netgear armor off due to timeout error.  This app stinks!  Please fix and make the fuction usable.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Heartsbane and B13C,

May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number and I can look into this further.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 5 of 11
cwj01
Guide

Was this resolved? Having the same issue turning it off.

Error Message I receive: "process is taking too long (more than 60 secs), Try again!!"

This is super frustrating to deal with, and its preventing me from doing day to day tasks.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 6 of 11
jeffpkhanson
Initiate

Has anyone heard back on this.  My trial expired yesterday finally and I have been waiting to turn this off so that I can manage my network again.  I still can't disable it through the ios app.

Message 7 of 11
csun22
Initiate

I am also having the same issue. I want to disable Armor but I get the same timeout issue as previously mentioned. Any updates on this?

Message 8 of 11
cwj01
Guide

Backup the router config to your computer on routerlogin.net

Then reset your router on the same website. Once finished upload your saved configuration file. All of your devices will reconnect, no need to re-enter credentials on your devices, should automatically connect after you upload config and reboot. You can then, turn off Netgear Armor in the app without getting an error message.

Message 9 of 11
Flupke
Guide

Reinitializing my router is not an option that I am consideringf lightly.
Isn't a reboot sufficient!? 😮

Has anybody managed to solved the issue?

Message 10 of 11
DeepSymmetry
Aspirant

I can report success. I finally figured out how to get at this level of configuration thatnks to this discussion, and downloaded a copy of the router configurateion to my computer, but decided to try just rebooting the router before taking the more drastic step of resetting it to factory defaults. Once it had rebooted, I was able to use the Settings>Security interface in the Orbi app to disable NETGEAR Armor.

I am very thankful that finally worked because its insistence on blocking URLs even after I told it to unblock them came very close to preventing us from watching the Tommorrowland New Year’s Eve virtual festival we had paid for last night! I am also glad this happened during my trial period of NETGEAR Armor so I can be certain to never spend money on it.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7