Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can’t renew Armor Subscription on RBR50

Reset19
Aspirant

Can’t renew Armor Subscription on RBR50

The 1 year included Armor subscription on my RBR50 has expired. I am attempting to buy a subscription but can not seem to find a way. Please help.

Viewing the Orbi app Armor security is not activated. When I try to activate it results in “Subscription failed” but it will not give me an opportunity to purchase. NETGEAR sales support pointed me to Bitdefender, Bitdefender told me it was NETGEAR’s problem and I needed to contact them.  

I have been trying since last week and have tried both NETGEAR and Bitdefender for help. 

Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Reset19, 

Thanks for posting in the community. I believe someone from our support team has contacted you for further assistance. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
Derfj
Aspirant

Note I am having this same issue and have been trying to work wiht Netgear/Bitdefender support for over a month.  

I have done everything but a factory reset as this has been noted not to work.  

I do note that since contracting support it has gone from:

1.  Armor expired (but website states valide even support line confirms this).

2. Armor updating - still puts me to website to buy another license. 

3. Armor updating - Error - "We're sorry. somthing went wrong with Armor subcscription status update. We keep record of these errors, but feel free to contact us at 1300-361-254 (Code ARM-PYMT-EXP).

Waiting on phone with support from level 2/3 - note level 1 confirmed again that license exists and is valid.  I hope once this is fixed they will reset the license start date to the day it gets fixed.

This is really sad as I like this product as it provides another layer of security beyond depending on local device secrutiy AV.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
Sif01
Aspirant

I also have to same issue I’ve been trying to renew for 2 weeks and I can’t seem to contact support - please can somebody contact me from support
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Sif01,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Netgear Armor feature. May you send me a private message with the following info as I'd like for our support team to reach out for further assistance.

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone)

Router Serial Number:

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7