Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't update payment info for Armor

LeeH21
Tutor

Can't update payment info for Armor

Where do you update your CC info for your Armor subscription?  I got the 30-day trail during that time my card had to be reported stolen.  I tried to update the info with the new card, but I can't find anyplace to do it.  I called but the guy on the phone would not listen, kept saying I had a year subscription, so I was good.  Could not get him to understand that the card was going to be declined when they went to charge it after the trail.  Got the email that it happened, and it asked me to update my CC info - but no place to do it!  Thought maybe I could just sign up again on the app, but it just keeps saying something went wrong updating Armor status with the error code: ARM-PYMT-EXP.  Anyone know how to get my payment info updated and the service reinstated?  Never had such a hard time giving a company money. 😊

Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd contact NG support if everything you have tried has failed:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Armor-Help-and-Information/td-p/2211063/jump-to/first...

There's nothing else that we can do here in the forums. 

@KevinLiT 

@Bigminer wrote:

Exact same thing for me.  Will not allow to update.  Add to that card was compromised right after providing to Netgear for the Armor subscription.   Probably a coincident but add to can't update with them is concerning.   

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello LeeH21, 

You may reach out to our Customer Care Team at customer.service@netgear.com to have you billing information updated. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 15
LeeH21
Tutor

Thanks Christian - I tried that and all they write back is that my Armor account is active.  Netgear sent me the email that my card was declined, but they all just keep saying everything is fine and I'm active.  I keep thinking at some point the app will ask for it, but it just keeps giving me the error I mentioned.

Message 3 of 15
LeeH21
Tutor

Just as an update:

I've called twice and sent 3 emails and still no luck. All I get is that my account is fine - no it's not. It is like they won’t listen or read the whole email before they respond. They get the first part and just jump to "everything is fine". Armor still won’t update - get the same payment error code.

Message 4 of 15
Bmen
Initiate

I just got off the phone and live chat yesterday with these guys.  I have the same exact problem. I chose 1 year of armor when I purchased my rbk853 router in Nov 2020.  Since then I had to change my card as it was exposed and got a new one.  Last week I recieved an email stating that they had issues charging my card and will try again this week.  (Really, you guys wait 6+ months to try to charge a card for services) Anyhow, they tried this week and got a failure to charge email.  Of course, because there is NO WHERE on their site/my account page or anything to update that.  Guy on phone was a complete moron. My subscription is fine... how can it be when apparently I never paid for it in the first place.    I finally just gave up. 

Message 5 of 15
picketma
Tutor

With as many data breaches as there are these days, how is this even an issue? I have to change my card on file and there is no where online to update my card information.  The Armor subscription when thru but it won't next year and I want to fix it before I forget about it. 

Message 6 of 15
islekets1200
Tutor

Is there like a secret word that I can use so support can understand? I am stuck also and can’t update info. I have a ticket open for a month already. I have a wink hub and honestly I am more frustrated on netgear support than wink non existing support.. hehehe anyway why do I even bother.
Message 7 of 15
Topology
Virtuoso

A payment method is stored in the MyNETGEAR account, which can be accessed by:

• Login to the MyNETGEAR account
  • Under the person icon in the upper-right corner, select Manage Profile
  • On the following webpage, select Payment Method

I assume this payment method is applicable to the Armor subscription.

Message 8 of 15
islekets1200
Tutor

Thats where I update my payment method but no matter what I do ot does not register it. It just keep my old card on it. No way to delete nor update. Adding a new card is not working.
Message 9 of 15
Topology
Virtuoso

@islekets1200, I am able to successfully modify the expiration date of an existing stored credit card, using the process described in my prior post. Have you tried using a different browser to access the MyNETGEAR account?

Message 10 of 15
islekets1200
Tutor

I tried Edge - PC. safari and chrome from mobile. What did you use? I can fire up my old win98 machine that have older version of firefox and iE. Just kidding I actually gave up already and just on wait status maybe some big shot would complain and netgear will do something. For now I am enjoying life and not thinking about it.
Message 11 of 15
TheShams
Guide

I have the same problem. My credit card details are fine and work everywhere else. Tried autofill and manual entry. Tried different browsers. Tried via phone and via PC. This is a NEW card not an updated expiry date.

No matter what I do it says "Invalid card details". 

I guess until they fix this, they won't be getting my business! 😛

(this is for the parental controls, not armour, but whatever)

Message 12 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Armor-Help-and-Information/td-p/2211063/jump-to/first...

Theres nothing else that we can do here in the forums. 

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

@TheShams wrote:

I have the same problem. My credit card details are fine and work everywhere else. Tried autofill and manual entry. Tried different browsers. Tried via phone and via PC. This is a NEW card not an updated expiry date.

No matter what I do it says "Invalid card details". 

I guess until they fix this, they won't be getting my business! 😛

(this is for the parental controls, not armour, but whatever)

Message 13 of 15
Bigminer
Aspirant

Exact same thing for me.  Will not allow to update.  Add to that card was compromised right after providing to Netgear for the Armor subscription.   Probably a coincident but add to can't update with them is concerning.   

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

There's nothing else that we can do here in the forums. 

@KevinLiT 

@Bigminer wrote:

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7