Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cancel Amor security service on orbi50

Mewho411
Aspirant

Cancel Amor security service on orbi50

I want to cancel the service it’s not providing value I expected and need help finding how to get it disabled and cancel subscription
Help pls
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
rinthos
Luminary

You'll want to do 2 things.

First using the ORBI app, Turn Off Armor (Security).

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

Then you can contact Bit Defender Support to cancel it:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059446/How-do-I-cancel-my-NETGEAR-Armor-subscription

@Mewho411 wrote:
I want to cancel the service it’s not providing value I expected and need help finding how to get it disabled and cancel subscription
Help pls

Message 2 of 5
Mewho411
Aspirant

Thank YOU!  I Finally figured out how to disable the armor via the mobile app.  directly connected I wasn't able to find the place at all. and I wasn't able to upload pics to this site - kept getting unresponsive errors every time I did.

I appreciate your help!!

Message 3 of 5
rinthos
Luminary

Not a problem.  Yeah it is not very intuitive and it is a bit frustrating that you need both the Web GUI and the Mobile app to configure things.  Hopefully Netgear will eventualy make things more streamlined between the mobile apps and Web. And same for ticketing systems. Gets a bit awkward that you need to create Bit Defender tickets separate from Netgear ones, but hopefully they simplify all this in the future.

And yeah I think uploads require a Netgear moderator to approve so the experience is a bit weird...and it's a U.S. holiday so probably not going to see much until next week.

Glad you got what you needed figured out though 🙂

@Mewho411 wrote:

Thank YOU!  I Finally figured out how to disable the armor via the mobile app.  directly connected I wasn't able to find the place at all. and I wasn't able to upload pics to this site - kept getting unresponsive errors every time I did.

I appreciate your help!!

Message 4 of 5
Janeybopyou2
Aspirant

I just had to upgrade my ORBI 40 to a ORBI CBR750. I too am not very please with the Armor security package that one must auto subscribe to.Glad you worked out  and shared the method to remove. Your sharing this info was better than any company solution which is basically non-existent.

I think the product hardware is exceptional. Baking in a line of protection with another party should be a smoother operation. It is just mucky!

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7