Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Change Device Names in Netgear Armor

cacompton
Aspirant

Change Device Names in Netgear Armor

I cannot figure out how to rename any of "My Devices" listed in Netgear Armor. According to Netgear, the device name may be changed once it is added to "My Devices". I have done that, but I am still unable to rename any device listed there. Can anyone please help.

Message 1 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello cacompton,

Do you receive an error when attempting to rename the device? May you try reinstalling the Nighthawk/Orbi app. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 10
cacompton
Aspirant

I have an Orbi RBK50 router. However, I am not attempting to change the devices' names in the Orbi app, I am attempting to change their names at "https://armor.netgear.com/mydevices". 

In the linked image named "Armor Devices" there is a list of all of my devices at that website.

Message 3 of 10
cacompton
Aspirant

Armor Devices.PNG

Message 4 of 10
cacompton
Aspirant

In this linked image is a picture of the first device after I clicked on it:

At no point am I offered the option to rename any device. I have researched this issue and it seems as though there is indeed some way to rename the devices, but I have not been able to locate it.

Please advise. Many thanks!

Message 5 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cacompton, 

The armor.netgear.com portal should support the renaming of devices. Do you have an article or link to a website we can review stating this? 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 6 of 10
cacompton
Aspirant

Here is a link to the webpage:

https://armor.netgear.com/supportarticle?article_id=2176

Here is an excerpt from that page:

NETGEAR Armor allows users to move devices associated with their accounts in the My Devices section. Here are the main benefits of this action:

Update: Users can update the Bitdefender local protection from the Armor platform (macOS and Windows products).

Profile: Users can associate a device with a particular profile from his account.

Settings: Users can change the name of devices listed in the My Devices section.

I have attached another screenshot below.

Thank you for all of your help!

Message 7 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cacompton,

Thanks for the link. I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 8 of 10
eckley_aus
Aspirant

Hey Christian

I am also after the same information as cacompton. Would you be able to share that?

Cheers

Alex

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 10
CodyParson
Aspirant

Hi Christian, or anyone monitoring this thread, I would love to know the answer to the above as well.

The articles I've found (and see linked above) still say I should be able to rename a device in the Netgear Armor web console, when they are moved to "My Devices", however I cannot see anywhere that this can be done. There doesn't appear to be any "edit" type function or the ability to click and type in a new name, in Profile or otherwise, and I have tried checking on multiple browsers just to cover the bases. If there's any insight to be given, that would be wonderful!

Best,

Cody

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7