Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Check Out What's New With NETGEAR Armor!

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Check Out What's New With NETGEAR Armor!

Native Armor NH Now.png

A new NETGEAR Armor experience has arrived for your Nighthawk and Orbi router! Armor’s new features give you a more detailed insight to your network protection level, as well as tips on how to ensure you continue to keep your network safe and secure. Update your Nighthawk or Orbi app today and see what’s new with Armor!

• Experience a newly redesigned Armor dashboard. View an easy and intuitive overview of your home network security.
  • View your security level. Armor now calculates the level of protection on your home network, the higher your level the better your security.
  • Check out the new security recommendations to increase your protection level, and follow the easy steps to boost your overall network and device security.Armor_Animation_4_GJ.gif

For more information about NETGEAR Armor, please visit: https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor/

Message 1 of 4
kboy24
Apprentice

Re: Check Out What's New With NETGEAR Armor!

Plain Garbage, Sorry it's awful and don't work for me

@Dustin_V wrote:

Native Armor NH Now.png

A new NETGEAR Armor experience has arrived for your Nighthawk and Orbi router! Armor’s new features give you a more detailed insight to your network protection level, as well as tips on how to ensure you continue to keep your network safe and secure. Update your Nighthawk or Orbi app today and see what’s new with Armor!

• Experience a newly redesigned Armor dashboard. View an easy and intuitive overview of your home network security.
  • View your security level. Armor now calculates the level of protection on your home network, the higher your level the better your security.
  • Check out the new security recommendations to increase your protection level, and follow the easy steps to boost your overall network and device security.Armor_Animation_4_GJ.gif

For more information about NETGEAR Armor, please visit: https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor/

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 4
ORBIhomeuser
Aspirant

My ORBI worked pretty well to start and held the internet connection while Armor was active.  Then about 6 months later Dec-2019, the ORBI dropped the internet almost daily.  A reboot would restore the connection.  This forum suggested that I should try deactivating the Armor option.  I did that, and the internet dropping stopped.  Haven't had a drop since I disconnected Armor; about 2-3 weeks now.  I would recommend that you disable Armor on an ORBI and use whatever other antivirus (Norton, MacAfee, etc) on your computer or other devices.  Keep it off your Router.  I do like the idea of having such software on the router but that apparently needs to be perfected or perhaps bitdefender is not the right product.  I am a little disappointed in NetGear to have installed this on my router without a full testing of it on the router.  I have always bought NetGear with little or no problems in the past.  My ORBI is not running with the same level of reliability as my previous NetGear routers.  I normally do not comment, but I wanted to help others who may have made a pretty expensive ORBI upgrade only to find it dropping the internet connection regularly.  Hope this helps someone out there. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
ORBIhomeuser
Aspirant

Typo in my previous post.  My ORBI is NOW running at the same reliability as my previous NetGear routers. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7