Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Constant spam notifications from Armor

starby
Aspirant

Constant spam notifications from Armor

I have recently taken out an Armor subscription having purchased an Orbi mesh wifi system. Lately I am getting repeated notifications (every 10-15 seconds for several minutes at a time) of it blocking a spam attempt on the same device - a Mac which doesn't otherwise have any AV protection - yet the user is not actively surfing the web and using safe applications such as Office etc. My question is:
1. is this just the usual background noise that is to be expected (although no other devices seem to be affected)?
2. can thesde alerts at least be turned off?
Thanks in advance.

PS. couldn't find an exact match for my system from the drop-down options - its an RBK-753 AX4200 WiFi 6 Tri-band mesh system
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Constant spam notifications from Armor

Hi starby,

Welcome to the community! I'd like to give a hand and look into this further. May you provide a screenshot of the notifications you're receiving? Also, may you send me a private message confirming your router's serial number. 

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
starby
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I have attached a screenshot and sent you a PM re the router serial number.
Message 3 of 6
starby
Aspirant

Another screenshot if this helps.
Message 4 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi starby,

Awesome, thanks for the screenshot and providing your email address. One last thing, may you let me know what firmware version your router is currently on.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 5 of 6
starby
Aspirant

Firmware version is V3.2.16.22_1.4.9
Thanks
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies