Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Correct armor user id

jr6019-31
Tutor

Correct armor user id

After logging into armor.netgear.com I see that my user name is incorrect.  The user name should end in .com but it's ending in .coml  (that's the lower case letter L).  I haven't found a way to correct this, but maybe removing the Orbi app from my iphone and reloading it with trial version is a possibility.  Any help wiould be greatly appreciated Thx

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 4
ChristineT
Admin

Good afteroon @jr6019-31 ,

You should be able to correct this by going to MyNETGEAR.com and log in with your current credentials (even mispelled).

1. Click "My Profile" under "My Account" on the left side of the web page
  2. Click "Login Settings"
  3. Click "Change Email"
  4. Next you'll be prompted to enter a new email address and your existing password.

Once you enter the new email address you'll receive a confirmation email to the new address. Please open to confirm the address is valid.

Please let me know if you're able to update the spelling of your email address or if you require additional help. I'll be on stand by to help if needed.

Kind Regards,
ChristineT

Message 3 of 4
jr6019-31
Tutor

Thank you for your suggestion.  I tried to login to MyNetgear using the misspelled ID and current password.  This resulted in an error message "invalid ID or password".  So I logged in using the correct ID spelling resulting in successfull login.  I went aghead with your suggestion but that resulted in a message indication the ID already existed.

This whole issue started when I logged in to armor.netgear.com to activate armor software(using the same user ID & password as MyNetgear).  The resulting page showed a welcome message "hello xxx@xxx.coml" - thus causing my concern and the fact that it also said I had no existing subscriptions.  Netgear Custome Support confirmed that there was no user ID with the coml ending.  They also provided a procedure to activate the product which I used and succeeded.

So, my problem has been resolved and, the bottom line is that somewhere along the line during the intial setup of my Netgear router I misspelled something.  It's also evident that the misspelling of the "hello"  greeting does not matter.

Once again, thank you for your interest and suggestion .

Regards jr6019-31 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7