Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does Armour run on RBR50 and RBS50 in UK? I pay a licence fee for Armour but Orbi App does not show

CDSScott
Tutor

Does Armour run on RBR50 and RBS50 in UK? I pay a licence fee for Armour but Orbi App does not show

My Orbi RBR50 and RMS50's are firmware v2.5.2.4. I see there is an update for US only but all the Netgear web sites and apps tell me I have the latest version.

The Orbi app does not show me the same display as I see on the Netgear website, which show an option to enable Armour. My Orbi App  is version 2.8.0.1395 with Firmware V2.5.2.4. I only see 6 pannels: Device Manager, Internet Speed, WiFi Analytics, Network Map, WiFi Settings and Guest WiFi.

My licence for Armour auto renewed and paid earlier this month (Jan 2021)

Any advice would be most welcome.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CDSScott
Tutor

Re: Does Armour run on RBR50 and RBS50 in UK? I pay a licence fee for Armour but Orbi App does no...

Netgear level 2 called me to discuss my problem. It turned out that my Orbi RBR50 and my ISP supplied router had some conflicts. When my broadband router and Orbi both had some setup changes with the broadband router in modem mode only with wifi turned off and not allocating any IP addresses. Plus the Orbi mode changed, then it all worked. The Armour pane was now on the Orbi App and it all worked perfectly now. My sincere thanks to Rose on the Netgear level 2 support team who called me and then emailed me specific instruction on how to change the setup of both devices and the sequence which I had to follow on both devices to make these changes. Thanks again to Rose.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Does Armour run on RBR50 and RBS50 in UK? I pay a licence fee for Armour but Orbi App does no...

Hello CDSScott, 

May you reinstall the Orbi app and let me know if your issue persists. If so, please send me a private message with your email address and Orbi router serial number. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
CDSScott
Tutor

Netgear level 2 called me to discuss my problem. It turned out that my Orbi RBR50 and my ISP supplied router had some conflicts. When my broadband router and Orbi both had some setup changes with the broadband router in modem mode only with wifi turned off and not allocating any IP addresses. Plus the Orbi mode changed, then it all worked. The Armour pane was now on the Orbi App and it all worked perfectly now. My sincere thanks to Rose on the Netgear level 2 support team who called me and then emailed me specific instruction on how to change the setup of both devices and the sequence which I had to follow on both devices to make these changes. Thanks again to Rose.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7