Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

First Time Install Wants to Install NETGEAR ARMOR, a nightmare for developers.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

First Time Install Wants to Install NETGEAR ARMOR, a nightmare for developers.

I am in Apple and Microsoft developer, and I go to many websites that are only cater to developers. These websites are usually not monitored and help other developers with their projects. Many of the people have posted on there they have a big!!! issue with Netgear Armor, not allowing it to work properly.

Just purchased a new ORBI Wi-Fi mesh router system and the first thing it wants to do is install Netgear ARMOR, in the first disclaimer. It seems it does not let me pass that point. I do not want it and I have my reasons!!!. Should I return it to the store or is there any way of by-passing this right off the bat as I do not want this, actually it's a big turn off that it is mandatory trial. I feel like my journey will be constantly logged. I am more apt to return the router.

PS, I was told that the option in settings that are SUPPOSE to disable it, does not work!

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: First Time Install Wants to Install NETGEAR ARMOR, a nightmare for developers.

Every time  I set up an Orbi I use the web interface (not the goofy 'app').  I seem to recall being able to power through the setup and ignore anything about Armor or Parental Controls.  Often the option to do so is sort of buried in tiny type.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7