Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Free trial for Netgear Armor for Orbi 753

VPorbi
Star

Free trial for Netgear Armor for Orbi 753

i bought new Orbi 753 a few days back from Amazon. After a few hick-ups and a factory reset I am able to start up the router and two satellites. The mesh network is working fine and I like the speed, signal, connectivity that I am getting all around my 6000sf house.

However, I have difficulty activating the free trial of Netgear Armor. I got registration confirmation email, welcome to Netgear Armor which states it may take up 24 hours to activate the subscription. I am now few days into this and it still not activated. I've chatted with Netgear tech support, did a few things they suggested and now they are asking to do a factory reset again or downgrade the firmware to 3.2.17.2. Did anyone had this issue and know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance for any help, useful guidance.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
VPorbi
Star

I was able to activate Netgear Armor after factory reset. I think the error was coming because I was trying to personalize and change the WiFi network ssid while starting up the orbi 753 system. I suggest you create a knowledge base document that clearly warns user to complete the startup of orbi with the original Orbi network ssid you get when you scan the orbi code. You can personalize or change the WiFi network ssid after you have completed entire start up process, activation and registration formalities. This will save a lot of headaches, trials, errors and factory resets.

You may close my case and I have to mention that I love my new Orbi RBK753S-100NAS as it provides great WiFi signal, speed, connectivity for my 40+ devices spread throughout my three level 6000sf home with basement.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello VPorbi,

Welcome to the community! May you send me a private message with your email address and router serial number and I can look into this further.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
VPorbi
Star

Hi Christian,

I just PM you the details. Hope you can help.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
VPorbi
Star

I was able to activate Netgear Armor after factory reset. I think the error was coming because I was trying to personalize and change the WiFi network ssid while starting up the orbi 753 system. I suggest you create a knowledge base document that clearly warns user to complete the startup of orbi with the original Orbi network ssid you get when you scan the orbi code. You can personalize or change the WiFi network ssid after you have completed entire start up process, activation and registration formalities. This will save a lot of headaches, trials, errors and factory resets.

You may close my case and I have to mention that I love my new Orbi RBK753S-100NAS as it provides great WiFi signal, speed, connectivity for my 40+ devices spread throughout my three level 6000sf home with basement.

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello VPorbi,

Thanks for getting back and providing an update. I'll be sure to forward it to the necessary teams for review. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7