Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How Do I Install Bitdefender Total Security To My Devices With NETGEAR Armor?

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

How Do I Install Bitdefender Total Security To My Devices With NETGEAR Armor?

Did you know that your NETGEAR Armor subscription includes Bitdefender Total Security software for your Mac, PC, iOS, and Android devices? In this video, we'll show you how to install Bitdefender Total Security so you're protected across all your personal devices from cyber-threats and malware.

Only with NETGEAR Armor, you get additional features like regular vulnerability scanning, remote device location, and data theft protection for all your smartphones and computers. With NETGEAR Armor and the included Bitdefender Total Security software, you'll be protected from Internet threats whether you're at home or on-the-go.

BTP Screenshot.jpg

Message 1 of 8
amparks
Aspirant

Re: How Do I Install Bitdefender Total Security To My Devices With NETGEAR Armor?

I can't seem to install Netgear Armor on my Router. I am using the latest firmware and have reset the router and satellite. It checks my information and then asks me to wait while it is activated. I then keep getting the following error message. "Failed to subscribe".

Any ideas? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @amparks, welcome to the community! What is the model number your device? You can see the supported models here. Also, does the issue persist when using another device?

Dexter

Message 3 of 8
amparks
Aspirant

Hi, 

Thanks for reply. the model I have is the AC3000 RBR50. I thought this model was compatible, but looking at the list you sent it looks likr only the RBK50 is compatible. So I guess Defender is not available with my device? 

Message 4 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @amparks, the RBR50 (RBK50 is the kit) is among the supported models for the Armor feature. Please make sure you are using your NETGEAR account credentials during the process. Please let us know if the issue will persist.

NETGEAR Team

Message 5 of 8
amparks
Aspirant

Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply. I have completely logged out and logged in when asked when trying to install. Always get the same error message with no further explanation as to why it fails, so no idea what to do next to make this work. I am using the app on Andriod, is there another way to active this, say using my PC for example?

Message 6 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @amparks, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 7 of 8
byebyeflyguy
Aspirant

I am during my Armor trial and trying to install bitdefender on a Mac laptop. I have been all over the site trying to find out how to do this and ended up on this video.

The video tells me to visit http://armor-install.com. I tried https://armor-install.com and that is not responding. When I go to the http:// site that redirects me an downloads a .pkg which then asks me if it can run some code to check whether or not I am able to install bitdefender.

This is horribly, horribly insecure. Because the link is not https:// I have no guarantee that the package I have is the one that I am meant to get. The last thing I need is a compromised malware checker installed.

I am definitely not subscribing to Armor is this is the level of security conciousness behind the product.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7