Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How To Stop Netgear Armor Vulnerability Scan on a device

JAS654321
Initiate

Was there any fix to this?  I have the same problem with my Orbi and HP7855 printer.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 26 of 78
PhysicsWorld
Guide

No fix so far; they upgraded the firmware on the ORBI router to a beta version in the hope of resolving the problem without much success.  I have 4 printers in my house, 2 Brother laser printers and 2 HP Officejets.  Before the firmware update, I had the issue with one each of the printers.  After the update, the second Brother started acting up as well.  I sent my logs to their engineering Department and they are still working on the problem.  The last suggestion I received from them is ro remove the concerned printers from the Netgear Armor scan.  If anyone knows the procedure on how to remove a device from the scan without removing it from the internet, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

Message 27 of 78
Shaun_PA
Tutor

It looks like you would have to remove them from the network.
Message 28 of 78
davephx
Aspirant

Have HP576. HP577 and HP4345 with 3 ORBI's.  Not practical to take off network due to locations.  Just wastes about 3 pages of printouts on each whenever Negear Amor does a scan. 

Message 29 of 78
Glenvis
Star

Any help

This has been driving me nuts since installing the Netgear Orbi RBR50 in March.  I finally landed here, thanks to all for posting the messages.

Here is what is printing on my Brother HL-L6200DW laser printer every Saturday night:

Page 1:
HEAD / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.110:9100
User-Agent: curl/7.59.0
Accept: *.*

Page 2:
OPTIONS * RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 1
Host: User-Agent: curl/7.59.0

Page 3:
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.110:9100
Accept: *.*

Any help eliminating printing these test sheets would be appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 30 of 78
PhysicsWorld
Guide

I am not sure I can be of much help since I have been dealing with this issue for at least one month.  The difference between my experience and yours is mine does not print every night and not every printer is affected.  However, few days ago, I tried a new solution.  I changed the IP address of one of the affected printers and since then, I have not had any "undesirable" 3-page printing. It's a wait and see situation.  You may want to try the same solution and you may have a quicker answer if it worked since your printer prints daily.  Good luck!

Message 31 of 78
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all, as suggested to PhysicsWorld, you can remove the printers from the devices that is scanned by Armor by logging in to armor.netgear.com and clicking on the router > click on "See all devices on this router" > look for the device/s (printer) that you want to remove > click on the ellipsis (three dots) on the far right > click on Remove.

Dexter

Message 32 of 78
JAS654321
Initiate

Thanks everyone for the information. I disabled Armor over the weekend, so I’ll monitor over the next couple of weeks if I still get the unwanted printouts.
Message 33 of 78
lfbarbieri
Aspirant

Same issue

My brother DCP-L2550DW keeps printing:

HEAD  /  HTTP/1.1

HOST:  10.0.0.27:9100

Accept: */*

Please release a fix.

Luciano

Message 34 of 78
ScottH409
Aspirant

This is still happening - even after I removed the printer from the scan like someone suggested.  I've probably wasted 60 pieces of paper at this point.  I have the new firmware and I've worked with your case management team, Netgear.  When are you going to solve this problem?

Help!  My last case was 42028998.

Scott H.

Message 35 of 78
Glenvis
Star

Scott, you are not alone.  I've done the same thing with the same results. I finally gave up and disarmed Netgear Armor ("circle house" in upper left corner, settings, security, uncheck Enabel NETGEAR Armor - done).  I'm paid up until next July, but the extra problems aren't worth it. I love the Orbi system, the Armor add-on isn't what it should be.

Scan night for me is Saturday, I'll let you know if disabling Armor did the trick.

Glenvis

Message 36 of 78
PhysicsWorld
Guide

Hi Glenvis:

Same issue here with all four printers I have installed in my home. First, I worked with their technical support to install a beta version of the firmware without much success.  Then I changed the IP address of one of my printer and it still continued having the same issue.  Finally, and as per the recommendation of Armor, I removed the printers from Armor scanning, and they still printed the dreaded 3 pages.  The only remaining step left for me is to disable Armor the way you described it in your post.

But I do not believe we should stop here, we should ask for a refund.  The minimum they should do is extend the expiration date of every affected member until the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Message 37 of 78
Glenvis
Star

Test pages no more.  Got up this morning and checked my printer, no test pages - for the first time in several months.  Disabling Armor was the only cure that worked.

Sorry Netgear, but until Armor is fixed I won't be participating.

Message 38 of 78
Kajun
Initiate

Netgear please respond with a public fix. My HP Printer continues to print out 3 pages of wasted paper & ink. My RBR50 has the current firmware V2.3.5.30

A fix for us all is much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Message 39 of 78
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Kajun, this has been reported to engineering and is currently being worked on. We will provide an update once available.

Dexter

Message 40 of 78
Dafunk
Initiate

I would like to know what the fix is for the weekly vulnerability scan wasting paper. Doesn’t make sense to hide this from people when we pay for a protection service. Or just push the firmware update to everyone, I check for firmware regularly and never have an update.
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 41 of 78
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Dafunk, we are still waiting for an update from engineering.

Dexter

Message 42 of 78
studiodb
Guide

I have the same issue as the previous users with the printing of unwanted pages. I spent almost an hour on the phone with tech support which was an exercise in patience in itself. The tech had me delete, then reinstall the Orbi app on my phone, insisiting that would fix the problem. After all that time and effort, I had exactly the same pages come off my Brother printer the very next morning. This is so frustrating. 

I'm using Mac OS Catalina, 10.15.2, and the Netgear App Version of 2.4.12.5. The Firmware version is V2.3.5.30

I don't understand why Netgear can't fix this - especially when they charge you for tech support, which is not worth the extra paper coming out of my printer.

Message 43 of 78
dyard
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I cant turn on off this armor. Its blocking lots of my devices. I see the option on my phone but it times out. When I login the computer I cant find any options to disable it.

Message 44 of 78
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dyard, the Armor feature does not have the option to block devices. Are your devices unable to connect to the network or is it blocking certain websites? Have you tried using another device where you have the app (Orbi or Nighthawk) installed to turn off the Armor feature?

Dexter

Message 45 of 78
dyard
Aspirant

I can’t turn it off on my orbi I keep trying on the app it times out. I’m at a loss to get this removed for disabled
Message 46 of 78
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dyard, please try reinstalling the app. Let me know if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Message 47 of 78
dyard
Aspirant

It’s not the app having the issue . It’s timing out because it won’t disable
Message 48 of 78
ablots
Aspirant

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? My firmware is current and the issue still persists. 

Message 49 of 78
Glenvis
Star

Take a look at message 36. This is how I stopped Netgear Armor.  Haven't had a problem since.

Good luck!

Message 50 of 78
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7