Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I delete Netgear Armor trial version

syf
Tutor
Tutor

How do I delete Netgear Armor trial version

Everytime I go to the security page on my router, I am redirected to purchase a subscription of Netgear Armor, I can't do anything.  I need to delete Netgear Armor trial version from my router.  I do not wish to purchase this product!

This has hijacked my network. I am unable to go to valid sites and it is preventing me from updating software from legit sites. It is also preventing my children from doing their distance learning - School Work! 

PLEASE HELP me remove Netgear Armor trial software from my router so my kids can continue their schooling at home!!!!!!

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How do I delete Netgear Armor trial version

Hello syf,

Welcome to the community! Please refer to the article below on how to disable Armor. And if it say's Armor is expired, the service is off and you should have nothing to worry about. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
syf
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you Christian. 

At step 4 of your instructions, it takes me to buy the Armor software.  I do not want to buy the software to be able to disable it. 

I cannot access the control panal for Armor because everytime I click on 'Security", it talke me to a page to buy Armor software.

I need to delete this trial version because it is blocking sites on my network that my children need to access for school.

Please Help me - this is not acceptable behaviour to make people buy your software!

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello syf, 

Please send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. I'll have support reach out for further assistance. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7