Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I remove Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS from my iPhone X

ScottBLA
Guide

How do I remove Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS from my iPhone X

I would like to completely remove Bitdefender Mobile Security from my iPhone X, but can't seem to find any accurate instructions. My subscription to NetGear Armor says that all my device types have 331 days left, except for the iOS version, which it says is expriing soon. It doesn't really seem to do anything anyway, so I just want to get rid of it. Thanks!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ScottBLA
Guide

Re: How do I remove Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS from my iPhone X

Yes, I have Bitdefender for NETGEAR Armor app installed, butif you look under app info, it calls it Bitdefender Mobile Security v1.1.2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ScottBLA, Bitdefender Mobile Security is different from the Bitdefender for NETGEAR Armor app. You should have the Bitdefender for NETGEAR Armor app installed instead since that is the one synced up to your Armor subscription. The app is linked below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bitdefender-for-netgear-armor/id1322992373

Dexter

Message 2 of 7
ScottBLA
Guide

Yes, I have Bitdefender for NETGEAR Armor app installed, butif you look under app info, it calls it Bitdefender Mobile Security v1.1.2

Message 3 of 7
ScottBLA
Guide

I have attached screen shots of my subscription info. It says that all the various platforms (Windows, MacOS, Andriod) are good for 330 days, but the iOS subscription is expiring soon.

That is one reason I want to remove the iOS app from my iPhone, but the main reason is that it realy doesn't seem to do much other than tell me my passwords were exposed in data breaches from 3 or 4 years ago and to change my passowrd. I can do all the location stuff using the Find My iPhone app built into iOS, without downloading a certificate from eastern Europe.

BTW - I receieved instructions on removing the app from  (basically delete it from your phone), which was the orignal ask in my post.

Message 4 of 7
ScottBLA
Guide

screen shot

Message 5 of 7
ScottBLA
Guide

screenshot

Message 6 of 7
ScottBLA
Guide

So, after following the instructions provided by Bitdefender support to remove "Bitdefender for NETGEAR Armor app", it still shows it as installed on my phone in the Armor devices list. When does that get updated?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7