Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I remove a router from my Netgear Armor account?

Kellian
Follower

How do I remove a router from my Netgear Armor account?

My Nighthawk X6 AC3200 died and I had to replace it and now I would like to remove it from my Netgear Armor account and can't find a way to do it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Kellian,

Welcome to the community! May you send me a private message with your email address and router serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 8
Grogie1977
Tutor

I have the same question.  I have called bitdefender, but I waiting on a ticket.  I tried to activate my Armor for the router using my app but I am receiving an error, unable to activate.  On the app I have the correct router showing Netgear Nighthawk AX8 Rax70 6600, but on my Netgear Armor website login it looks like a picture similar to my old router Netgear Nighthawk X8 R8500 that doesn't have Netgear Armor, except it shows 3 antennaes on the picture instead of 4.  I believe I may need to delete the one on Netgear Amour webpage to activate my new one.  Though on the WebPage their isn't an option to delete the router it is showing.

Message 3 of 8
mirmoor
Aspirant

Hello,

I have the same problem, in my armor router overview, I see two Router.

How can I send you a private message?

Thanks!

Nandor Csöri

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 8
Grogie1977
Tutor

How are you doing Nandoor?

I am going to start with the basics and from the beginning for other users who may find this post (if you don't mind).  What I have found (and in my case) is if you register for Armor Security before you actually install the router with Armor Security or the new router, Netgear Armor Security will register the one that is currently online.  Now, once you install the new router with Armor Security; Netgear will not register the new router and you wont be able to activate Armor Security.  When trying to activate Armor Security, Netgear is looking for the old router which is no longer online and probably doesn't have Armor Security ability anyway.  So, basically, the old router has to be removed from the system in order for the new router to be recognized and activated.  I had originally contacted Bitdefender but I believe I had to contact Netgear for them to remove the old router.  Once it was removed, the new router was recognized and I was able to activate Netgear Armor Security.  I am not quite sure how you were you able to get two routers recognized then.  Either way, contact Netgear and they should be able to remove one.  Just keep on them and follow up if you don't hear from them.  Once you get the right person and right department; it is pretty quick.  I hope this helps.

Message 5 of 8
jwhrlussell
Aspirant

Good evening!

I have two routers in my Netgear Armor dashboard that I'd like remove as I no longer have them. How can this be done?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
DoctorJay
Aspirant

I need to remove my R7000P from Armor so my RBR40 can take over. The RBR40 has a year of Armor and I took the 7000 offline and contacted Bitdefender who promptly refunded a years subscription after using it 2 months. In Netgear Support both show having Armor but the 7000 has no active subscriptions. Now my network and devices have no security. I'm hoping support responds quickly.

If there is a way to do this and someone can share via private message that would be great. I'm a retired DBA and programmer so just a basic list would help. It's frustrating having to contact 2 support areas and companies, they need a support group that handles both, it would really improve cusomer service.

Thanks!

J

Message 7 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7