Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I remove this garbage from my router?

DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DoctorQui, as what Orbi-Roc described and inquired, may we know what issues are you encountering even when you have Armor disabled? We'd love to help out.

Dexter

Message 26 of 85
Notadummy
Aspirant

The turn off toggle doesn’t actually turn off any blocking
This appears to be one issue.
The second issue is the administrators of the filtering profiles have too many ports and protocols filtered and causing customer issues.
Message 27 of 85
jchambers2586
Aspirant

roll back to the fast firmware thats what im did.

Message 28 of 85
macphreak
Guide

How do you roll back to the last firmware? Thanks!

Message 29 of 85
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @macphreak, you may refer to the link below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960

May we know what issue are you encountering with the Armor feature?

Dexter

Message 30 of 85
macphreak
Guide

I have the ORBI RBR40 Router and recently it stopped allowing me to access my Xfinity apps (or more specifically, oauth.xfinity.com). I am unable to login to my xfinity account online and not able to use the Xfinity app on my iPhone or iPad. If I turn of WiFi, everything works fine and I am able to access all apps and my xfinity account on LTE. Just not on the Orbi WiFi. If I go somewhere else and connect via WiFi, everything works fine. It's only when I am connected to our Orbi network.

I have tried turning off different switches, etc. The really strange thing is that it was working before just fine. It "seems" like it only happened after the latest firmware update. Although it is hard to tell. I can't reach support so, I thought I would post here.
Message 31 of 85
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @macphreak, thanks for responding. Does disabling Armor resolve the issue? Also, we'd recommend doing a factory reset after the firmware update if that's something you haven't done yet. Please keep us posted.

Dexter

Message 32 of 85
macphreak
Guide

No. Even when I disable it, it still seems to be working on. Is there not a way to fix this without having to do a factory reset?
Message 33 of 85
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @macphreak, you can back up your router settings and restore it afterwards as described on page 107 and 108 on the user manual linked below.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf

However, if the issue persists, we'd recommend the factory reset as this clears up some possible incompatibility issues from the previous firmware.

Dexter

Message 34 of 85
macphreak
Guide

I will do that. However, this has been quite the hassle for something that was pushed on to me with no way of really reversing the effect of this upgrade without having to reset my entire system. I would hope that netgear is planning a release very soon of an update that fixes this issue.

Message 35 of 85
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @macphreak, please keep us posted and let us know if the issue will persist after the reset.

Dexter

Message 36 of 85
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @macphreak, I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Dexter
Community Team

Message 37 of 85
macphreak
Guide

I am now able to access xfinity website and apps now. Was something changed on your end? I rolled back the firmware etc but was still unable to access it. Then, it started working again without me changing anything. Thanks!
Message 38 of 85
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @macphreak . I think the factory reset might have done the trick. I believe that Netgear recommends this following firmware updates.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 39 of 85
macphreak
Guide

That’s my point - I didn’t do a factory reset yet. It just started working.
Message 40 of 85
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @macphreak, thanks for reporting back. Glad to know you have access to the apps and sites again. Let us know if the issue will reoccur.

Dexter

Message 41 of 85
Supertester
Guide

Does the Ubiquiti edgerouter have similar security  features like Bitdefender atmor?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 42 of 85
Neptunyann
Initiate

I bought a Netgear router and I end up with the same senario as you guys.

I used the following to disable "Netgear Armor".

Use computer not mobile phone.

1. In your web browser, go to address: http://192.168.1.1

2. Enter "admin" for user and its password

3. Click on "Advanced" tab

4. On the left pannel click "Security"

5. Click on "Netgear Armor"

6. In the right side, click on the green icon says "enabled"

7. Further click on "Apply" icon to save the change.

Hope this helps.

Message 43 of 85
BWest1
Star

I have tried to disable using the app (iOS app, v2.4.21.5) under settings / security but only get an error message when I toggle it "Process is taking too long (more than 60 secs), Try again!" or "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again" ....  so that doesn't work.

Being ever hopeful that I could log into the Orbi (firmware v2.5.1.8) to disable Armor, no such luck.  Clicking on Security on the basic / home screen, nothing happens.  On the advanced tab, there is no Armor listed under security options -- only parental controls, access control, block sites, block services, schedule, email.  

How do I disable???  It's killing my internet performance!  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 44 of 85
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BWest, 

Please try reinstalling the Orbi app and/or performing a factory reset on your router. 

Christian

Message 45 of 85
OldRob
Aspirant

I've read through all of the posts with the access blocking issues, and am also having the same negative experience.  It appears Netgear's only real response is reset to factory and hope it works.  While I completely understand the Netgear moderators are not responsible for creating this issue, they also have not mentioned whether or not Netgear has any intention of actually fixing the issue (reset and hope is not a fix).  I would request the moderators find out what Netgear's plans are, if any, related to this issue, and let us all know the status.  As a long time Netgear customer, I'm extreamly disappointed in the Armour/Bitdefender issue they have created. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 46 of 85
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello OldRob, 

Please refer to the KB article below on how to unblock URLS in NETGEAR Armor:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061715/How-do-I-unblock-URLS-in-NETGEAR-Armor

Christian 

Message 47 of 85
tkncls1
Aspirant

Armor crap as I understand and Net gear BS. I’ve had problems before DONT PAY FOR THEIR BS TECH SERVICES. When I did an upgrade of firmware before I could not use my remote access after the update anymore. After paying the 50 bucks for three months tech service talking to them for over a week and probably literally 17 different technicians and even being transferred to the same ones because I started writing names down. The answer to the solution was go back to the last version of software before the update.
This was Net Gears solution to the problem. The reason was not everything will work correctly in firmware upgrades I was told. After talking to 3 managers about a credit for their firmware update being the problem then telling them I’ll call my CC company and have them deal with the issue Net Gear finally gave me the credit.
Going forward I now always keep downloaded the firmware version that works do the upgrade then if something doesn’t work I go back to the prior versions. You can download then still from Net-gears website. Then I wait for the bugs to be fixed before I upgrade again.
Good luck all hope this helps.
Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 48 of 85
kc10eng
Initiate

This garbage messed up everything in my house that was connected to the router, total garbage.

Message 49 of 85
msc2870
Initiate

This automatic installation and activation of Armor and BitDefender Cybersecurity should be illegal, if it isn't already. It has caused me numerous headaches (e.g., slow to no internet connectivity, inability to access important websites, strange email behavior, router lock-up), and there is essentially no phone support at all. When my call was finally answered after a 25 minute wait, the support person was unable to answer my questions, and told me Netgear was having equipment problems on THEIR end! He suggested I call back at a later time even though I told him I needed help with an issue right then that was keeping me from performing a critical work-related task. So, I went on my own through a process of resetting the router and dis-enabling Armor in the settings. That helped somewhat, but there are still problems with throughput that I suspect has to do with BitDefender Cybersecurity. I have never owned a truly decent Netgear product. This will be my last purchase. I wish this thing had failed altogether, like my last Netgear router. It would make it easier to throw out.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 50 of 85
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7