Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I turn NETGEAR Armor off using the Nighthawk app? The toggle does not turn it off.

RobiePC
Aspirant

How do I turn NETGEAR Armor off using the Nighthawk app? The toggle does not turn it off.

Turning the toggle for "Enable NETGEAR Armor" in the app (where I initially turned it on) does not work. The toggle is off but the security is still "activiated." It is slowing down my wifi and drops completely out at times.

Thanks for any help!

Robie

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How do I turn NETGEAR Armor off using the Nighthawk app? The toggle does not turn it off.

Hello RobiePC,

May you try reinstalling the Nighthawk app and let us know if your issue persists. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
RobiePC
Aspirant

Re: How do I turn NETGEAR Armor off using the Nighthawk app? The toggle does not turn it off.

Hello NETGEAR community,

I tried reinstalling the Nighthawk app on my iPhone, but Netgear Armor still shows as activated in the app. The “Enable Netgear Armor” toggle continues to be in the off position.

Thanks so much for your help.

Sincerely,

Robie

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Robie, 

Thanks for getting back. May you provide us a screenshot of the app so we can have a further look. And just to clarify, you've performed the steps in the article linked below to disable Armor. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
RobiePC
Aspirant

Hey Christian,

Yes I have gone through the steps in the article you mentioned (netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-app). That article basically just instructs the reader to use the toggle to turn Amor on and off. I did originally use the toggle to turn Armor on, but have been unable to use it to turn it off. The toggle does switch to the off position, but Armor remains  "acitivated."  I am not sure what page of the app you want to see, but I have attached one of the security page.

Thanks for staying with this!

Take care,

Robie

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7