Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I turn off Armor/Bitdefender on my Orbi Router

Goudbezie
Star

I’m having the same problems. However the solution mentioned above is useless to me as I cannot use the website version on my PC to log in because the url http://orbilogin.com/ is also blocked 😞
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 26 of 97
Goudbezie
Star

Did a factory reset on router and satellites, deleted the app, installed everything via a web browser (did not use the phone app) and it all works! Installed the Orbi app and not touching the security option ever again.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 27 of 97
Bluesrock99
Tutor

Start the App. On the main menu there should be a home icon on the top left. Click that. Then click on the settings, should be top options. Then click on security. Then disable it.
Message 28 of 97
Goudbezie
Star

That didn’t work.
Message 29 of 97
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @Goudbezie . From the Orbi app on your device, go to settings, security, and disable Armor. That's all you have to do. Armor will always be there, ready to be re-activated, because it is part of the Orbi software. But as long as you disable it in the app, it's no longer functional. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 30 of 97
Goudbezie
Star

That didn’t work. If I toggle it off it stays active. Factory reset did the trick in the end.
Message 31 of 97
guyplace
Star

I had to (1) email Bitdefeder and demand they disable app; and then (2) do a full factory reset.  And WARNING your Orbi IP address will change by reseting.  If you try to setup from phone app it won't automatically update this address.  If you setup with computer, the address will be automatically updated.  My Orbi system is now working better than ever.

Message 32 of 97
Bluesrock99
Tutor

You have to do a complete factory reset of the system. I did that and it seems to have worked. It got to the part about the armor and I backed out. It no longer shows active when I go into the app and stuff seems to be working better. (Before with it turned on it wouldn't load scores in the mlb app and now by not activating it from the start it does)
Message 33 of 97
HSIM
Tutor

NetGear is evil. I installed Orbi app on my Android phone, and I am 100% sure I was not asked about activating or opting in to the Armor bull**bleep**. It enabled Armor without me knowing. What are they thinking at NetGear? Do they treat their customers as stupid money paying idiots? NetGear keeps disappointing me, with bugs in their systems, providing bull**bleep** features, deceiving their users!!! I am waiting any comparable router system from other vendors to leave NetGear forever behind. I am done with NetGear. 

Message 34 of 97
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @HSIM, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 35 of 97
mbmartin98
Aspirant

How do I turn Armor off?!? After I set it back up, it's literally blocking every website or iOS interaction I am having. I have to use a separate router connection instead of my Orbi.  Help!!!

Message 36 of 97
Bluesrock99
Tutor

Do a complete factory reset. It will ask if you want to turn on/add extra protection/bitdefender. Just click no or skip step.
Message 37 of 97
JodieCuckoo
Aspirant

I tried all of this. Ended up using chat through the app on my phone. They got me into the site on my laptop. It's an IP conflict which resolves itself when you get into your account onilne. No more 404's! 

Totally worth the frustration. Ordi is fantastic!

Message 38 of 97
BytesnBits
Aspirant

Hi,

Same issue but slightly different. My security section on the iOS app shows BitDefender as *expired*. Clicking on it doesn't allow any toggle but takes me to pay for a subscription which no way I will spend money on that. How do I get rid of BitDefender now short of factory reset? 

Message 39 of 97
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @BytesnBits, you may refer to the link below on how to disable Armor.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

Dexter

Message 40 of 97
ms1
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's not helpful at all. Please share specific instructions how to remove and disable BitDefender. 

Message 41 of 97
ms1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Orbi is great but for the Armor BitDefender feature. What a nightmare finding the solution to turn it off. 

Message 42 of 97
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ms1, the link provided on the previous response are the steps on how to disable/turn off the Armor feature. It is also part of the firmware and can't be removed. Once disabled/turned off, the Armor functions should no longer take effect. May we know what issues are you facing with it?

Dexter

Message 43 of 97
BAM2019
Star

I found the on and off toggle switch for Orbi Armour but when I keep getting an  error message saying it is taking too long and times out! I have tried 20 times and same timing out error message---UGH!

Message 44 of 97
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @BAM2019 . I am not sure what you mean by the on & off switch on the router, but the only way I know of to switch Armor on and off is with the Orbi app on your mobile device, as explained in this Knowledge Base article: How to Enable/Disable Armor .

Message 45 of 97
BAM2019
Star

Right, that is the switch I am referring too, the on/off switch int he ORBI mobile app. It allows you to either enable or disbale Armour from the ORBI router.  My problem is that when i use this switch and try to disbale Armour, it deos not seem to be able to do it before I get a timed out error message.

Message 46 of 97
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi again @BAM2019 . I would try this:

1. Delete the Orbi app from your mobile device.
  2. Close all open apps.
  3. Reboot your mobile device.
  4. Go to the App Store and download and install the latest version of the Orbi app.
  5. Run the app and try disabling Armor again. 

Mobile devices often run out of memory when too many apps are running in the background. Either that or perhaps you weren't running the latest version of the Orbi app. These 1-5 steps will address both possibilities; and hopefully resolve the issue.

Good luck.

Message 47 of 97
BAM2019
Star

Thank you but still a no go, still get timed out.  I uninstalled the ORBI app and reinstalled but the same issue exits.  I will need the Netgear support techs to turn it off for me. Suggestion is to dump Armour, ORBI is great but the Armour is not good and for me keeps me from doign business until I get it fixed.  That is pretty bad but I see it is a common problme for ORBI users and it will effect future sales for ORBI units.  When it is time to upgrade my WiFi I will now consider other options.

Message 48 of 97
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @BAM2019, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 49 of 97
BAM2019
Star

I am really fed up with Armor secuirty and ORBI.  The only way to turn Armor off and on is through a phone app and not through the ORBI admin panel, I mean really!  Ok, so I try and use the phone app, but that does not work, why, because it times out trying to turn off the Armor secuirty.  So I contact NetGear support who after about 6 emails of have you tried this, and have you tried that, the final conclusion is to reset my ORBI Router.  Ok, so I will need to try that next.  So my conclusion is the whole ORBI and Armor secuirty integration is really bad and buggy.  To add further salt to the wound, Armor has no option to allow you to add a good website that it blocks to a safe list, that is really dumb.  Instead you have to email them, report the URL in question, wait for 72 hours for them to review it and they may or may not add it to their safe list.  I mean really!!!  Thus, many business URL's I need to use, I cannot access because their URL's get flagged as suspicious. Headach after headach.  Get your act together NetGear or I and others will be gone!

Message 50 of 97
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7