Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I turn off Armor on my Orbi RBR50???!

Pavo015
Follower

How do I turn off Armor on my Orbi RBR50???!

I made the bad decision of giving Armor a try, and I hate how annoying, useless this thing is. I can't even manage it directly.

How in the world do I turn this thing off? I tried using the app settings and turning it off. It times out every single time. I tried reseting the **bleep** router to factory settings it won't reset. So how the hell do I turn it off? this is really annoying.

I have seen a lot of people with the same issue, but so far beyond factorying reseting, which I can't seem to do, is the only solution. Any ideas that would help me out?

EDIT:

Seems writing this did the trick, the thing is now "installed" ie it show activated on the app settings, but the toggle is actually off and on the webaccess it says it not enabled. So far I haven't received any more notifications so I guess that's it. What happened?, how it happened? no idea. Firmware was: 2.5.0.38 for reference.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How do I turn off Armor on my Orbi RBR50???!

Hi @Pavo015, welcome to the community! I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 2 of 3
jstuff
Initiate

Re: How do I turn off Armor on my Orbi RBR50???!

Why not just post the instructions for the next person looking to turn off this frustrating part of the Orbi...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7