Re: How to Activate NETGEAR Armor

Dustin_V
Community Manager

How to Activate NETGEAR Armor

10.29-chp-banner.png

The new NETGEAR Armor experience is here, and if you haven’t done so already, now is the perfect time to give it a try. With a free 30-day trial, you’ll get to experience amplified security with the latest NETGEAR Armor update. The latest Armor features include:
Armor_Animation_3_GJ.gif 

• Newly Redesigned Armor Dashboard - View an easy and intuitive overview of your home network security.
  • Protection Levels - Armor now calculates the level of protection on your home network, the higher your level the better your security.
  • New Security Recommendations - Increase your protection level and follow the easy steps to boost your overall network and device security.

In addition to the latest features, you’ll get the same advanced cyber threat protection for your home and all of your devices with award-winning cybersecurity by Bitdefender. Armor will help keep your family same from cyber threats such as phishing, malicious URLs, and privacy attacks before they strike. With complete security, your devices are protected with Bitdefender Security at home or on-the-go. If Amor detects any security vulnerabilities or threats on your network, you’ll receive instant notifications with the Nighthawk and Orbi App.

You can easily activate Armor by following these 4 simple steps:

1. Install your NETGEAR router or Orbi WiFi system with the Nighthawk or Orbi App
  2. Update to the router's latest firmware
  3. Wait for Armor to automatically install at the end of set up
  4. Tap the Security tile to launch the Armor dashboard

For more information about Armor, please visit: https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor/

Message 1 of 48
rmcjbr
Aspirant

Hi guys,

I can't install trial netgear armor license.

I am receiving the following message: "Failed to subscribe".

I have tried several times and nothing diferent.

There is some thing to do?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 48
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @rmcjbr, welcome to the community! May we know the model number and firmware version of your device? Also, did you previously activate the trial with another unit?

Dexter

Message 3 of 48
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @rmcjbr, are you still experiencing the issue?

Dexter

Message 4 of 48
lafaminit
Aspirant

I have an RBR50 with firmware V2.5.0.38.  When trying to activate the Armor trial, I also get the message "We could not activate NETGEAR Armor on your router. Try again."

I had the trial installed a while back, and removed it. Now i would like to try it again.

Attempting activation from iPhone 11 Pro with iOS v13.2.3.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 48
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @lafaminit, welcome to the community! If your trial period already ran out you have the option to subscribe to Armor. The links below may help out.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059445/How-do-I-subscribe-to-NETGEAR-Armor-after-my-free-trial-expires

https://kb.netgear.com/000060247/How-do-I-activate-my-NETGEAR-Armor-subscription-using-my-activation...

Dexter

Message 6 of 48
Ganderson00
Aspirant

RBK23-100NAS System
I just purchased unit and when I try to activate trial armor I get an error ( Orbi failed to subscribe). I am connected to the Orbi WiFi and the Satellites are connected.
Message 7 of 48
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Ganderson00, welcome to the community! Is this the first time that you are activating an Armor trial or have you already done so with another router? Also, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 8 of 48
JasonBN
Aspirant

Hello, I'm baffled and this has been going on for weeks.

I activated the trial for Netgear Armor...it expired...

I factory reset the router (as I do often...), and for reasons unrelated to Armor.

It wants me to activate the trial, but I ALREADY BOUGHT a subscription...seemingly twice, in fact...there is no way to activate it...

It offers nowhere to do that...I'm going crazy. It just FAILS to activiate a trial over and over...

Please help!

It's a nightmare...I use iOS and MacOS

Thanks, Jason. 

p.s, - it's r6400v2  (or r6400ov20 ?? - it says on some screens...what's that about?)

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 9 of 48
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JasonBN, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 10 of 48
epsilonkore
Apprentice

I would like to know any solutions or "outside the box" thinking on this as well. I have had a ticket open with Bitdefender for a month now and i am still in the cycle of "run the trial, then when it runs out, wipe the router and run trial again" and watch my subscription that worked for months just slowly go away. I bought a 1 year subscription about 6 months ago, it worked fine, then I had to wipe and rebuild my Orbi after the 2.5.40 debacle and i lost access to my Bitdefender Armor subscription. Right around the time that "cyberwar" threats are hitting the news again!

EPK
Message 11 of 48
FKA_Driver
Aspirant

I purchased a Orbi Whole Home Mesh AC2200 (https://www.woot.com/offers/netgear-orbi-wifi-system-3-pack-3) In Jan.

I have been trying to get the NETGEAR Armor to activate the trial, but I keep getting the message "Failed to Subscribe". 

I currently use Bitdefender as my AV on most of my devices in the house and would love to move to a network deployment.

Hardware Version RBR40
Firmware Version V2.3.5.30
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.360
Operation Mode Router

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 12 of 48
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @FKA_Driver, welcome to the community! I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 13 of 48
teka2
Aspirant

Hi, I too have problem with my subscription. I just activate them, and in my nighthawk app and in router settings showing service is expired. Can you help me with that ?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 14 of 48
Jokaye
Aspirant

So I have the above router is this not the same as a cyber security router as in the picture?
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 15 of 48
Christian_R
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Jokaye, 

Please check out the KB article below for a list of products that support NETGEAR Armor.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061281/Which-products-support-NETGEAR-Armor

Christian 

Message 16 of 48
Enrico1973
Aspirant

Hi,
Since I’ve installed the Orbi, I can’t access amor, ‘failed to subscribe’
It never worked from the beginning. It was new out of the box.
What can I do ?
Please help
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 17 of 48
Christian_R
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Enrico1973, 

Please try performing a factory reset on the Orbi unit and going through the setup assistant again. You may also try reinstalling the Orbi app to ensure you are on the latest version of the app. 

Christian 

Message 18 of 48
Enrico1973
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply Christian.
I preform all the above, factory reset and reinstalled the app. Still doesn’t work.
Any other suggestions?
Message 19 of 48
nathanocracy
Aspirant

It seems like I'm having the same issues as many. I have the AC2200 unit and I activated the trial back in the fall.

I decided today to pay for a subscription but now when I go to the security tab of the orbi app it asks me to "activate trial". When I do it says Error: failed to subsribe.

I rebooted my router, re-installed it from scratch, and made sure I'm logged in with the same netgear account I used to subscribe to Armor in the first place.

What is going on?

Message 20 of 48
TheZoo
Aspirant

I have received the same message as others "failed to activate". I tried resetting the router to factory reset and redid the entire setup. Also reinstalled the app. Firmware was updated to device today too.

Message 21 of 48
johnzz4
Aspirant

I tried Armor a couple of months back but ended up deactivating it during the trial.  Last night, I tried signing up for it through the application, and it said Failed... (can't remember the rest of the message).  I ended up going online and subscribing from the Armor page and used the activation code on the Armor site.  That worked... kinda.  When I went to the app, it let me into the Armor dashboard, but at the top, I had a message saying it expires on 12-31-1969.  I figured the app needed to pull fresh data, so I deactivated Armor on my app and went to reactivate it.  Now, the app tells me it's expired and anytime I try going to the Armor tile, it brings me to purchase Armor.

I have a call into Bitdefender, and they've put in a ticket with Tier 2 who is supposed to get back to me through email.  Sounds like there are some issues right now based on a few posts I've seen, but I'd love to confirm whether it's server-side and with which company - Bitdefender or Netgear.

Message 22 of 48
Christian_R
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello TheZoo,

May you try disabling/enabling remote management on the router and see if you're able to activate Armor. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 23 of 48
Falco1082
Aspirant

Hello All,

Looks like this issue is widespread. I too cannot get my Netgear Armor subscription to work on my Orbi app. It still saids expire and when I log into the router via orbilogin.net, in the basic menu, the security tab is labeled as not activated. I opened a ticket with Netgear support and they stated it was activated. Check firmware and my router is on the latest V2.5.1.8. Any help would be greatly appreciated, the whole reason of purchasing this was to use it with my Orbi app. 

Message 24 of 48
xahmol
Aspirant

Same issue here. Yesterday bought an Orbi RBK53S system with 1 year Armor included as promise on te box.

Activation via the Orbi app gives a timeout after 60 seconds everytime I try from either device I try it on (iPhone and iPad running iOS 13.4.1).

Latest firmware versions on router and satellites and latest app version.

Seems the activation servers are down?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 25 of 48
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements