Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to I stop the Armour Security Trial

JBukowski
Aspirant

How to I stop the Armour Security Trial

I want to stop the Armor Security Trial that I accepted in error as I have Bitdefender Account already.

I am have been extremely frustrated, spending hours to try to fix.   Can someone please advise how I can stop the trial.

Message 1 of 6
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @JBukowski  From your mobile device, go to Settings | Security and disable. Or just let it run until the trial expires. The nice things about Armor is that it runs on the router itself; such that all devices while connected to your network are protected, including devices for which no AV is available. For exmaple, my TV which runs WebOS, for which there is no AV available, at least none that I could find. But I know it's protected by Armor and it has been vulnerability-scanned a few times already. To me, that's Armor's inherent value-added 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 6
JBukowski
Aspirant

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Can you tell me how the browser works. For example if I have my cellphone attached to the Orbi browser network , do I use up my cellphone provider data or does it still pickup on our Rogers provider data?
Message 3 of 6
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @JBukowski .

Airplane mode on your phone turns off; on on most phone, WiFi is still enable; such that you still connect to the internet using your phone's browser and avoid cellular data charges. The same applies when you visit any shop or café that offer free WiFi access. Have a good one.

Message 4 of 6
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

@JBukowski  The first part of the first sentence should read "... turns off the cellular and data radio."

Message 5 of 6
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @JBukowski - Upon reading over your message, I'm not sure if I answered your question fully. If you access the Internet with your phone, you will be using cellular data and be accumulating charges from your cellular service. If you turn on Airplane Mode on your phone, you will be accessing the Internet via your Wifi network instead, in which case data usage will be recorded by your Internet Service Provider.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7