Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to disable Netgear Armor on RBR10?

Tom4278
Aspirant

How to disable Netgear Armor on RBR10?

I've only had this Orbi RBR10 for about 2 weeks that included 3 satellites + 1 additional satellite that I ordered separately. The system performed perfectly, at first, then love turned into complete HATE‼️ Like so many others have reported, Netgear Armor is blocking about 99% of the sites I regularly visit. These are news sites, Home Depot, Lowe's, nothing off color. I research new products/equipment, now they're ALL blocked‼️
I have resorted to my previous WiFi until this issue can be resolved. Otherwise, it will ALL be returned to the seller, Netgear. 
How did Netgear allow this DISASTER to happen?

I would appreciate any advice, suggestions, from the Netgear Community.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 7
ChristineT
Admin

Re: How to disable Netgear Armor on RBR10?

Good day @Tom4278 ,

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor experience with NETGEAR Armor! We'd love to investigate this issue further. Can you please send me a private message with some of the links that are being blocked even though they are safe? Our engineering team can investigate why they are getting flagged in error and take the appropriate action to correct this issue.

In the meantime, please check out this article that may help you manually unblock these sites:  

https://kb.netgear.com/000061032/NETGEAR-Armor-is-blocking-URLs-that-I-want-to-access-what-do-I-do.

I look forward to your private message!

Kind Regards,

Christine 

Message 2 of 7
Tom4278
Aspirant

ChristineT,

Thanks for the prompt response. As an example, I get emails from lots of companies, daily. Just as an example, the Home Depot email, all picture areas are blank (not normal) with only a link in each area to tap on. Taping on anything gives an immediate 404 error! Taping on ANYTHING, either in an email or in an article, causes a 404 error, unfortunately. 
Connected to Orbi are multiple iPads and iPhones.
As a result, manually unblocking every link, is simply not possible. Netgear Armor is not ready for rollout! This product should have been written to allow the user to select the level of security needed, say from no security, a 1 to maximum security of 10. 
What I need now, are detailed instructions on how to permanently disable Netgear Armor with Bitfinder so that I can use Orbi WiFi. Otherwise, I'll have to return the product to Netgear, for a full refund. I had also purchased the additional 2 year warranty which would need to be refunded as well.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Message 3 of 7
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Tom4278 ,

Thanks for the additional details! Super helpful! I'll check into this further to see if our engineers have any ideas on how to improve this experience. 

Here is a link to disable Armor until we can get this issue sorted out.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

I'll be back in touch once I have an update for you.

Kind Regards,

Christine 

Message 4 of 7
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Tom4278 ,

Sorry one other thing that would be interesting to know. Can you confirm this issue is no longer an issue is once you have Armor disabled?

I'll be closely monitoring this thread but I have also asked @Christian_R  to continue collecting your feedback and working with you on next steps. 🙂

Kind Regards,

ChristineT

Message 5 of 7
Tom4278
Aspirant

ChristineT,

Thanks again for the prompt reply. I had already disabled Netgear Armor, but as many other community members have reported, turning off Netgear Armor has NO effect on actually disabling the security.

I have no use for a WiFi product that prevents the user from accessing virtually the entire internet. Since this problem has existed from the very beginning of the introduction of Armor, and Netgear has failed to admit the obvious failure of the product, I am led to believe that pursuing this is a complete waste of my time. 
Orbi is an outstanding product but as long as it is saddled with Armor, it is doomed to failure.

Please advise the Point Of Contact to get an RMA started and a complete refund of the cost.
Your prompt attention to this matter is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tom4278

Message 6 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Good morning Tom4278! 

I'd like to work with you on getting this resolved. Would you mind providing a screenshot of the error you receive when viewing your emails and websites you regularly visit. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7