Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to do a Orbi factory reset and NOT install Armor

jerryzurek
Tutor

How to do a Orbi factory reset and NOT install Armor

I do not want to install Armor. I did a factory reset but Armor installed automatically and self activated. I turned it off in the app but valid sites are still being blocked. 

How do I do a factory reset and not install Armor?

i saw something about web browser vs. phone app but did not understand. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Re: How to do a Orbi factory reset and NOT install Armor

There is a new firmware version 2.3.5.30 that was just rolled out. Is this the version that you're on? If not, perhaps you can give this a try and see how it goes.

I assume that you've confirmed that the perceived 'valid sites' are indeed valid. Because I had a similar situation a few weeks back and it turned out that the web sites in question, to my surprise, were indeed phishing URLs -- that's after hours of mining the Web for an answer and talking to the folks at BD Support.

As for installing a firmware version that precedes Armor implemetation on the ORBI, that would work; but in doing so, you would be depriving yourself of all feature updates and bug fixes forever thereafter -- and I don't think that's a good idea.

If, after a factory reset and disabling ARMOR, you are still faced with confirmed valid web sites that are still being blocked, I would try to work through it with BD and Netgear support teams instead.  Good luck!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7