Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I just got the ORBI RBK50

Macsteffen
Aspirant

I just got the ORBI RBK50

The Netgéar came with the  ¨Armor protection software. It keep comming up add's that I should buy this program. It costs much more than the Virus software that is considered the best in Sweden. Then I surfed the WEB and discovered it is from Bucharest in Romania. An old eastern ex communist state, which is NOT considered reliable in Sweden. We have a lot of thieves and beggers from that contry

As a Romanian collegue said: "A bunch of corrupted criminals"-not my words, but from a romanian doctor.

I do not feel sate buying somthing from that contry

Is there any other software You can recommend?

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

You made my day 8-)

Not sure what happened in Sweden the last 31 years. What I can see from the other neutral end EFTA partner Switzerland (this is the other country often mixed up with yours by the Americans): Volvo is Chinese. Ericsson does not make mobile phones anymore. And Abba does no longer publish new songs.

Famous software businesses were established out of Romanian universities, like the leaders of Robotic Process Automation named UiPath. Yes, the have their headquarters in the US, but still doing a lot of think tank work out of Cluj-Napoca (Transylvania, Erdély, or Siebenbürgen - depends on your historic school heritage). Things have changed since Bram Stoker's 1897 gothic horror novel Dracula. And no, my grand mother with the crystal ball isn't from there, too.

Of course, you can continue to use the Internet security package of your choice. For example the popular F-Secure (I'm aware it's a brand from Finland) - they used Kaspersky (Russia), Bitdefender (Romania), and now Avira (Czech) AV engines over time....

Now it's time to clean up the coffee spilled over my computer.

Sorry my friend.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Armor app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor
Good Luck.

@Macsteffen wrote:

The Netgéar came with the  ¨Armor protection software. It keep comming up add's that I should buy this program. It costs much more than the Virus software that is considered the best in Sweden. Then I surfed the WEB and discovered it is from Bucharest in Romania. An old eastern ex communist state, which is NOT considered reliable in Sweden. We have a lot of thieves and beggers from that contry

As a Romanian collegue said: "A bunch of corrupted criminals"-not my words, but from a romanian doctor.

I do not feel sate buying somthing from that contry

Is there any other software You can recommend?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7