Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with Armor and Bitdefender VPN Premium

difficultrun
Follower

Issue with Armor and Bitdefender VPN Premium

Product Model: RBR750

I have an iMac running MAC OS Catalina (10.15.7) that I had Bitdefender Security running on via an install from the ORBI app. I wanted to add Bitdefender VPN Premium and purchased the VPN subscription directly from Bitdefender. When I installed the VPN package, the installer uninstalled Bitdefender Security and then installed the Bitdefender VPN. So now I have the VPN running but can't get Bitdefender Security to install when I attempt to install it via the ORBI app link that I email to my iMac. It says that there was an error and contact the software manufacturer. Can any one help with this?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
John_Ba
Luminary

Re: Issue with Armor and Bitdefender VPN Premium

They are, I think, different products. Armor is based on Bitdefender and uses updates from them. BUT Armor is not the same program as the one used by Bitdefender, its at more than one update version older than the one used by Bitdefender (I have a problem the Bitdefender support say has been fixed by an update yet to be used by Armor. Bitdefender is now on version 25.0.10.52 but Armor is 25.0.7.34). All they can say to me is “we will get back as soon as the fix is available for Netgear as well” and this was a problem passed to support the end of November 2020!

Support is poor as NG pass you to Bitdefender and they deal with it as support for “there” program which becomes frustrating for you and I suspect them as well. The usual fix for a problem that’s been resolved is to ensure you are using the fixed version, but neither you or they can do this as Armor is different to the basic proram and they appear to have no idea as to what the differences are or when updates will (if ever) be passed on by NG.

I read the reviews which placed Bitdefender in the good programs, so far I haven’t found any comparing it and Armor so don’t know it Armor is as good or worse than the basic program.

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Issue with Armor and Bitdefender VPN Premium

Hello difficultrun,

Welcome to the community! May you try the steps below from the link below. If your issue persists please feel free to let me know or open a support ticket from the support section of the Armor web portal. 

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1569/

Regards,

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7