Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Model R6220 - can my router support my mbps

Nicholsonha1
Aspirant

Model R6220 - can my router support my mbps

Hello. I have recently just upgraded my WiFi speed through spectrum to 400 mbps.. I did this because my WiFi kept cutting out throughout the day and I thought it would help.. since I did this I have noticed that my WiFi is going out even more now. I have gotten a new modem through spectrum and increased my speed on my plan and still nothing is working. Since I have a NETGEAR router I figured I would reach out. Do I need to upgrade my router? Does this router have the capability to support this speed. HELP! I don’t know what else to do. I pay $100 for my WiFi package monthly and it’s frustrating that nothing seems to work! Why does my WiFi keep going out?
Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Model R6220 - can my router support my mbps

When your wifi "goes out" is it dropping completely? meaning devices are disconnecting from the wifi and aren't able to reconnect? 

Are they saying "connected, no internet"? 

Are they connected but just running slow/buffering? 

We need details to help with this. 

Is it only wifi devices having issues or is it wired as well? 

What modem do you have? 

How big is the home? 

what materials are the interior walls made of? 

Message 2 of 4
Nicholsonha1
Aspirant

I’m having trouble with the wireless devices. I actually do not have any wired devices. When the WiFi goes out the devices disconnect from the WiFi, but they eventually reconnect. (This takes up to about a minute) but this happens multiple times a day. I always notice right before my devices disconnect from the WiFi, that they start to slow down and buffer. I live in a 1,074 sq ft house where the wall interiors are dry wall material. My modem is a spectrum provided modem, model E31U2v1. Both my router and modem are in the center room of my home. Please let me know if you need additional information.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

When it goes out, what are the lights on the router doing? Is it rebooting, are they showing disconnected from internet, what exactly are the leds showing when it drops? 

Have you tried reloading the firmware onto the router (in case it was corrupt), factory resetting the router, and then reinstalling it? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7