Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR Armor Free 90-Day Trial Before May 15th

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

NETGEAR Armor Free 90-Day Trial Before May 15th

Armor 90 Day.png

If you haven’t had a chance to activate your free 90-day trial of NETGEAR Armor, now is the time to take advantage! Starting on May 15th, your free trial will become a 30-day trial. Don’t miss out on a full 3 months of free advanced cyber threat protection!

Visit our NETGEAR Armor FAQs

For additional information, please visit: https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor/

Message 1 of 9
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Well, I've been surfing the Web for a few hours on Netgear Armor and I'm not impressed with what I've read, especially right here in this community. So cutting back the trial from 90 to 30 days won't cause be to rush to activate it. What will are things like bona fine hands-on reviews from experts and users and a user guide explaining what needs to be de-activated from Win 10 computers and Mac's in order to run Armor. Short of that, I will STAY PUT AND CONTINUE READING.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 9
benwye
Initiate

I am trying to activate Armor on my Orbi router but after clicking activate I keep getting a message "Failed to subscribe".

Message 3 of 9
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @benwye ! DId you follow the procedure described in this link:

https://kb.netgear.com/000060582/How-do-I-activate-NETGEAR-Armor-using-the-Orbi-app

Message 4 of 9
Gandalf21
Initiate

NETGEAR Armor sends a notification whenever any device connects to the network.  I have 42 devices connected to mine and it is very annoying to constantly keep getting alerts.  I see no obvious way to turn this "feature" off so I deactivated it.  Thanks but no thanks!

Message 5 of 9
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Thank you for that @Gandalf21 ! One would think that trusted devices could bypass the notification script. One more reason for me NOT to activate Armor, at least not yet. But aside from the notification annoyance, did you notice any speed deterioration on your network after installing Armor?

Message 6 of 9
Gandalf21
Initiate

No I didn't.  Speed seemed normal.

Message 7 of 9
walkerboh2112
Aspirant

Firm 2.3.1.60; iOS 12.x; flipped from AP mode to Router to get "armored" but when I try I get "Failed to Subscribe." I ran the setup wizard after bouncing my RBR50 and FiOS Quantum router but no joy. The only thing that sticks out is that I changed my router password as prompted. I did not change my Netgear password. Hope that is not causing an authentication issue as the message I get after attempting to activate Armor only happens after it basically times out trying. I takes like 20-30 seconds before the message pops, and in the instructional video the authentication happens in less than 5 seconds. I think the level 1 rep in the Phillipines opened a ticket for review but no confirmation email on that. Naturally my "free activation" is about to expire when I'm trying to do all of this. Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

Message 8 of 9
walkerboh2112
Aspirant

1st level support of no use. 2nd level didn't bother to read my ticket info and asked for info I already provided. Sucked it up and did a factory reset (hold in Reset button on router for 7 seconds or until light starts blinking- a paper clip helps). The router did keep some info, which was convenient but made me worried about ever selling or donating this device. Anyway, setup worked (if slowly), and then I went back in to my iOS XS Max running beta 5 and Armor fired up w/no issues. It appears that making a change from AP to router mode is best done via factory reset, even though the HTML menu allows you to do so in the Advanced menu.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7