Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR Armor activating problem.

michalmsz
Follower

NETGEAR Armor activating problem.

Hi,

I am traing to sign in to the Neatgear Armor but I this massage poping up:

The NETGEAR Armor security activation process failed due to some reason.
Please contact Technical Support for more details.

Please help, thank you in advance 

Best regards 
michal

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 52
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @michalmsz, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 2 of 52
squirtst
Guide

I have the exact same issue happening.  Any solution?

Message 3 of 52
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @squirtst, we recommend contacting Bitdefender support for a more immediate resolution. You can find their support channels on the link below.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Dexter

Message 4 of 52
squirtst
Guide

I did, they told me to contact Netgear support.

Message 5 of 52
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @squirtst, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 6 of 52
jheeringen
Aspirant

I don't use bitdefender inside my Wifi network. I too can't activate the Netgear Armor service on my Orbi router. Please help.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 52
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jheeringen, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 8 of 52
GoJays
Initiate

When I try to activate net gear armour (free year subscription that came with the product)  I get a message that says failed to subscribe.  I have never activated the product.

Message 9 of 52
njw5
Tutor

Netgear Armor - activating trial from orbi app fails.  Message simply says: Error  Failed to Subscribe.   click Try Again button and the process simply repeats itself.  Can anyone help here?  Using IOS with App Version 2.4.12.5, Firmware v2.3.5.30   This looks like this is the only option to activate - doesn't appear I can do it from the netgear website.

Message 10 of 52
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @njw5, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 11 of 52
Chris1978
Aspirant

Hello

I too am having this issue.  Is there somewhere where a solution has been posted?  I tried authorizing through the andriod app, and it failed to authorize.  The security link on the orbi router's status page doesn't work.  I tried installing it on my computer to see if that would somehow authorize it on the modem, didn't work.  It actually said that my free trial had ended (I never started it).  The android app and modem firmware are both up to date, and I have restarted the modem.  Are there additional instructions to authorize and install this?

Thanks

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 12 of 52
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Chris1978, for a more immediate resolution, we recommend reaching out to the Bitdefender support team to have the issue sorted out. If you haven't yet, you can reach them on their support channels via the link below.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Dexter

Message 13 of 52
njw5
Tutor

The following was my situation ...

A. My system existed before Armor came out.

B. Had Circle in place already.

and what worked for me...

1. I reset my router - paperclip in opening - press internal button until light flashes

2. log in as administrator with original admin password - password

3. system then automatically installed Armor security

4. had to setup Circle all over again.

5. had to redo all my settings for the router

My 2 cents....

A royal pain for existing user setups wanting to use the newer functionality of Armor.  

Not sure why Netgear doesn't / didn't give this answer. Thought I would have gotten somewhere quicker once someone starts emailing me. (this solution is mine - not from netgear).  If it's out there maybe somebody can supply a link to that published forum's answer.

A little dissapointing and a bit frustrating - but hope this works for other folks.

I would suggest Netgear googling what Customer Centric means.

- for those who are curious, but too lazy (A customer centric way of doing business is a way that provides a positive customer experience before and after the sale in order to drive repeat business, enhance customer loyalty and improve business growth.)

Wifi 6 appears to be the future - I will be doing a whole lot more research before making my next purchase.

@Chris1978 @GoJays @jheeringen 

Message 14 of 52
njw5
Tutor

@DexterJB 

Thanks for spending your time with Bitdefender's forum asking for assistance.  I did receive an email from them 2 days ago apologizing for taking so long to get back with me and saw your log with them.  By then I had figured out my own solution to get security installed on the netgear product, so their message back to me was simply stating that they saw my trial period was activated and wanted to know if I still had any issues.  Please see my response on this forum as to my solution to what appears to me to have been Netgear problem.

Message 15 of 52
njw5
Tutor

I think I left out the most important step in yesterday's posting - I chose NEW SETUP from the Orbi/Android APP.   When I did this, I saw the app installing the security software and I was able to activate.   Do you have to reset the router to factory settings?  I don't know.

Message 16 of 52
RobOrbiUser
Aspirant

I just purchase armor for my orbi. I too can't activate the Netgear Armor service on my Orbi router.  It keep saying, subscription fail  Please help.

Message 17 of 52
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello RobOrbiUser, 

Welcome to the community! May you let us know if your RBR50 is set into router or AP mode and providing us with the current firmware version of the router. 

Also, did you purchase Armor using the Orbi app or a website? 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 18 of 52
D3z1gn
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm having the same problem activating the armor free trial. Have tried app, android and IOS. Also browser via remote login.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 19 of 52
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello D3z1gn, 

May you tell me if an error pops up when attempting to activate your Armor trial using the Orbi app (iOS or Android).

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 20 of 52
jkarimkhani
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same error when attempting to active the Armor on my new Orbi. When attempting to activatre in the iPhone app it popsup an error which says: "Error Failed to Subscribe". I tried this with Remote Management off, again when on, and after turning it off again. I also attempted to go throught the initial setup in the steps again, but received the same error. After trying toggling off Remote Management, again when on, and after turning it off agai I got thr following: "Error Activity started in last session is in progress". Tried the toggle again and and received "Error Could not reach server. Try again later" What is the solution to the problem?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 21 of 52
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jkarimkhani,

May you provide me the following info in a private message for further assistance. 

Orbi app version:

Orbi model:

Orbi firmware version:

Email address:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 22 of 52

Thanks for providing a solution to the problem that works! Unfortunately, I had to do a hard reset my router and treat it as a new setup, but once it was completed, it activated the Armor account automatically.

Message 23 of 52
rosskinkead
Aspirant

I’m having issues activating Armor through the app. I’m getting the error of an “incorrect address” and “failed to calculate taxes.” I have also tried PayPal to no avail.

Message 24 of 52
Kbnhari_19
Aspirant

Hi, I am not able to activate the Armor in my Netgear R7000P. Below is the error Message i am getting. Could you please help here?

"

The NETGEAR Armor security activation process failed due to some reason.
Please contact Technical Support for more details."

Note : Below are the steps already i had done,

1. Factory reset 
2. Created new account 
3. Upgrade latest firmware 

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 25 of 52
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7