NETGEAR Armor is Now Available On WiFi 6 Mesh Systems and Routers!
If you’re currently using Orbi WiFi 6 or select NETGEAR WiFi 6 routers, we have exciting news - NETGEAR Armor is now available! By pairing your WiFi 6 router with NETGEAR Armor, you not only get the latest and greatest WiFi, you get award-winning anti-virus, anti-malware and data protection software for end devices.
Powered by Bitdefender, NETGEAR Armor actively safeguards networks against threats, including trojans, ransomware, zero-day exploits, rootkits, and spyware, helps block fraudulent websites trying to steal financial data such as passwords or credit card numbers, and looks out for malicious links in browsers, emails or apps. By having cybersecurity built into your router, all devices connected at the network level become protected, from TVs, thermostats, IoT devices, mobile phones, tablets and more, giving you peace of mind that your devices are secure at home, or on-the-go.
NETGEAR Armor features include:
- Active Vulnerability Scans on all the connected devices in your home
- Instant Alerts when threats are detected & blocked through NETGEAR Orbi/Nighthawk app
- Web Protection helps you browse safer by alerting you and blocking potentially harmful webpages
- Anti-theft Protection if your devices are lost or stolen (*for Android and Windows Devices)
- Bitdefender Security delivers on-the-go protection for iOS, MAC, Android & Windows devices.
- An intuitive dashboard that provides an overview of your network, including:
- Protection levels which calculate the level of protection on your network
- Security recommendations that help boost your overall network and device security by taking certain actions
You can easily activate your complimentary 30-day trial period of NETGEAR Armor by following these 4 simple steps:
- Install your NETGEAR router or Orbi WiFi System with the Nighthawk or Orbi App
- Update to the router's latest firmware
- Wait for Armor to automatically install at the end of set up
- Tap the Security tile to launch the Armor dashboard
For more information about NETGEAR Armor, please visit: https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor/
For Cybersecurity tips for protecting your home network, please visit: https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Cybersecurity-amp-Tips-for-Protecting-Your-Home-Netwo...
Re: NETGEAR Armor is Now Available On WiFi 6 Mesh Systems and Routers!
Re: NETGEAR AX4200 Orbi WiFi 6 High-Performance Whole Home Mesh(RBR750)
After 4 days owning this system I turned off the Armor. Its just not ready for prime time. What they deam as threats are just my routine websites that I need to use everyday. I would not put Armor on my iPhones, laptops or desktops as an antivirus. I don't to get blocked. Not long ago on my PC I had run Bitdefender Pro, then I ran Malwarebytes Coroprate. Malwarebytes found 7 items trojans that weren't found by running Bitdefender first. I have Norton/Xfinity on all my devices, on the big stuff also Malwarebytes Corp. This stuff never locked me out. Armor even blocked my Amazon Fire 4K Stick? Too much frustration.