Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Armor is now available!

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

NETGEAR Armor is now available!

NETGEAR Armor.png

NETGEAR Armor is now available on the Nighthawk R6900P and R7000P routers! With NETGEAR Armor’s advanced protection, you will be able to actively detect and protect your home and family from cyber threats. Designed to keep your home network and all connected devices safe and secure, NETGEAR Armor features include:

• Antivirus and Ransomware Protection - Keeps you safe from phishing and online fraud.
  • Vulnerability Assessment - Scans and identifies network security flaws.
  • Multi-Layered Security For All Devices - Protects all connected devices at home and on-the-go.
  • Stay Safe Even When Away From Home WiFi - Stay in the know with Nighthawk App. Anywhere, anytime.

To learn more about NETGEAR Armor, please visit: https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor/

Start your Free Trial: https://kb.netgear.com/000059442/How-do-I-activate-NETGEAR-Armor-using-the-Nighthawk-app

Have you already downloaded NETGEAR Armor? We'd love to hear what you think about it! Comment below telling us your experience.

Message 1 of 32
JDLH
Initiate

Re: NETGEAR Armor is now available!

I have read the marketing copy on the Netgear Armour landing page. It leaves me with two big questions: 1. How much does it cost?  2. What does it really do?  (as in, I'm an engineer, I want to know features and mechanisms, not benefits).

I'm really reluctant to push a "try now" button without knowing how much money is at stake if I decide to go ahead (or if the vendor enrolls me when I didn't really want to).  It's frustrating to me that the Netgear Armour landing page witholds these two critical pieces of information.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 32
Robinl1962
Tutor

This has thrown me into a loop. Maybe it is me not understanding information. To get Armor you need 1 of the 2 Routers advertised on page? I don't have that model of router, so I assume it will not work for me? Where do you find a PRICE after 90 day free trial? Netgear Nighthawk Model # R6700v2, AC1750 Smart wifi, Windows. The more I think about it, with your product why are we suppose to pay for more security that to me should already be within the system or free to keep protected. Now I am wondering if I purchased the correct Router to begin with.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 32
kenmartinjr
Initiate

Does not work. Wont let me log into my account from the router.

I do not agree that you should be charging us for this service. You are making vulnerable devices and then charging us to secure them. This is a bait and switch in my opinion. Did we not pay for service when we purchased the device? Now its more to continue getting support? When did updating the router with secure software at no additional cost become the past?

The way you choose to do business does not impress.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 32
HodaS
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@JDLH @kenmartinjr @Robinl1962

Thank you for your feedback, we have updated our website with the pricing information, please check it out at https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor/

We believe that NETGEAR Armor is well beyond a router security solution, it's a whole network peace of mind provided and is backed by Bitdefender - a leading provider of security solutions. The service is free to try for 90-days on R7000P and R6900P routers for now. After the trial period, subscription of $69.99/year includes a subscription to Bitdefender Total Security 2019 package for unlimited devices.

We appreciate our customers’ interest in having NETGEAR Armor coverage on more and more NETGEAR products. And that is why we are evaluating adding NETGEAR Armor to other NETGEAR products based on popularity.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Message 5 of 32
JFS2
Initiate

I've just installed Armor and it's already flagged one questionable website my grandson tried to access.  I like that feature.  I do have a question on how the vulnerability assessment works.  Does it start when it feels like it or can it be kicked off manually?  I've had this product installed for nearly two days and it still hasn't done that assessment yet.

Message 6 of 32
ktlsfc
Tutor

Hi,

Is Netgear Armor also available in Asia? Or it's just exclusive here in the US?

My friend who's in Asia has Netgear R7000P but he doesn't see any Security button in his Nighthawk App.

Message 7 of 32
HodaS
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi, 

Armor vulnerability assessment runs every week automatically. It can't be kicked off manually. 

Best,

NETGEAR Services Team

Message 8 of 32
HodaS
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi, 

Armor vulnerability assessment runs every week automatically. It can't be kicked off manually. 

Best,

NETGEAR Services Team

Message 9 of 32
HodaS
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi, 

Best,

NETGEAR Services Team

Message 10 of 32
HodaS
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi,

Could you please let us know which Asian country does your friend live in? Armor is offered in some countries in Asia.

Best,

NETGEAR Services Team

Message 11 of 32
ktlsfc
Tutor

He lives in the Philippines and another one in Singapore.

Message 12 of 32

How do I subscribe to the Armor service? 

My free trial period has ended.

Message 13 of 32
HodaS
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ChemicalGilroy

Thank you for your interest in purchasing NETGEAR Armor. Please visit the following KB article on how to purchase NETGEAR Armor beyond your trial period:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059445/How-do-I-subscribe-to-NETGEAR-Armor-after-my-free-trial-expires 

If you see no offers listed on your portal, you can still by NETGEAR Armor by going to https://www.bitdefender.com/netgear/ and click on "Buy Now" to purchase it and then use the below KB article to activate your purchase.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060247/How-do-I-activate-my-NETGEAR-Armor-subscription-using-my-activation...

Best,

The NETGEAR team

Message 14 of 32
djl1
Aspirant

Hi,  Armor vulnerability assessment runs every week automatically. It can't be kicked off manually.

Best,  NETGEAR Services Team

I'm very unhappy with Netgear Armor, after a trial period I purchased the yearly subscription, the netgear product does not appear to be working... not scanning .. appears to be just sitting on my computer doing nothing.... There has been NO VULNERABILITY SCAN SINCE Nov. 1st.... I can't find a way to initiate a scan.... I have tried to "open ticket" for customer assistance, but the "ticket" will not submit. This is a very unfriendly user product, with no support that I can find. Can anyone assist me to troubleshoot the vulnerability scan issue or advise me how to contact customer support, again ... under the FAQ section of the Netgear Armor app, the "open ticket" prompt is bogus... it will not allow me to open a ticket for assistance. Tks!!
Using

PC Windows 10 64 bit pro

R700P Nighthawk

Message 15 of 32
ErnestTheGreat
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@djl1 You should be able to run vulnerability scan from the Netgear Armor portal for your windows machine. See screenshot that I attached. In terms of Vulnerability Assessment if your Bitdefender Total Security was updated to 2019 version then you will need to use the Bitdefender Total Security 2019 to initiate the vulnerability scanner from the windows machine. As far as ticket submission goes for Bitdefender/Netgear Armor issues you can use this link to submit a ticket https://armor.netgear.com/supportform.  

Message 16 of 32
beotto
Guide

i activated it yesterday and it stopped all my devices from working.

i disable but my google devices and meros light buld still does not works.

how to deactivate all armor in my router ?

Message 17 of 32
beotto
Guide

Hi ! I tried the factory reset ! reinstalled everything but the armor installs itself without my permisson on the app and all my google and smart devices still does not works. anyone experiencing the same behavior ? it is frustrating. thanks and any other help is greatly apreciated. cheers bruno
Message 18 of 32
ErnestTheGreat
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@beotto You can actually disable it from the app. Open up your Orbi App go to Settings then Security and on security screen you will see a option to Enable NETGEAR Armor click on the toggle switch to disable Armor.

Message 19 of 32
beotto
Guide

i ve already tried to disable it ... the problem is that aftert disabling it it still shows armor is activated !!!

Message 20 of 32
beotto
Guide

hello all, i manage to solve the problem with a modem full factory reset.

its important to say that the reset solved the problema only after I unplug (power and network) all orbi devices.

thanks for the help

bruno

Message 21 of 32
PoolBall
Guide

$70 per year
Message 22 of 32
wchp
Luminary

So my question is HOW is this protection done? Is it using packet inspection IPS or DPS or is this just at the DNS/Host target level?

Is it IPS (e.g. SonicWall) or DPS (e.g. Bitdefender Box 2) or just a Host/DNS/IP Address DB blacklist?

Message 23 of 32
mlopez317
Aspirant

i downloaded  the app but when i looke on the dashboard for the security setting to activate armor its not there

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 24 of 32
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mlopez317, welcome to the community! Please make sure that your router is set to router mode and not on AP mode. The link below shows how to setup the router n AP mode but you can use the guide to switch it over to router mode. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24104/How-do-I-change-my-Nighthawk-router-to-AP-mode-after-I-ve-already-run-s...

Dexter

Message 25 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7