Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Armor on Orbi RBR50

Router18
Guide

NETGEAR Armor on Orbi RBR50

I had signed up for the free trial of Armor on my Network which uses an RBR50 and two RBS50’s. As it expired I subscribed today but my Orbi App is not updating to reflect the sub under the Security tab. It gives me the option of renewing my sub and, if I click on that and log into my NETGEAR account, it shows the sub with the correct details. The problem is that you need the App to update to enable Armor to be activated on the router. Whilst I initiated a case, I am not very confident as there was not the usual email acknowledgment.

any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Re: NETGEAR Armor on Orbi RBR50

Have you tried (1) signing off your account; (2) deleting the app; (3) reboot your device; (4) download and install the latest version of the app, ans see if that works. You did get your Activation Code, right?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5
Router18
Guide

Did all of the above. The sub is active in Netgear Armor but not on the App. Firmware all up to date, deleted and re-installed Orbi App, rebooted router etc.

Message 3 of 5
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi again @Router18 . Then I guess the next step is to wait for BD support to get back to you. 

Please let us know how it works out in the end because I am personally three weeks away the end of my trial run. Good Luck!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
Router18
Guide

Will do

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation