Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Armor on RBR 750 prevents ethernet / AirPrint / scanning / networked printing

rpm2020
Initiate

NETGEAR Armor on RBR 750 prevents ethernet / AirPrint / scanning / networked printing

I recently purchased a 3-unit RBR 750 wifi 6 mesh router from Costco and my first impression of the system was great. But…

I have a home office where I have (or more accurately, had) 4 ethernet networked printers; several workgroup laser printers and a multifunction unit which is not wired on the Cat7 but is wifi.

I just got around to trying to print and discovered that with Armor active on my Ethernet network, I can't print to any of my printers. 

One of my printers is a recent HP workgroup printer that supports AirPrint. While I don't print much from a tablet or phone, this functionality also disappeared. 

After a day of reinstalling software on my computer and troubleshooting there, I was finally able to trace the issue to the ORBI. Switching OFF "Enable NETGEAR Armor" solves the issue, and I can print on the network.

Oh. one other thing. I have a computer that is about 11 years old that I was able to connect to the wired network and print to all of the printers just fine. Had Armor prevented that computer from printing on the network, too, it might have been faster to troubleshoot. It's not like my regular computer is really new, though, It's late 2017.
Is there a way to control specific settings of Armor in such a way that it doesn't break ethernet connected printers? I see a list of vulnabilities addressed,but it isn't of any use in this case, because apparently, it only shows what is being caught over the air.

In any event, so much for my free trial of Armor. Perhaps it is something that Netgear can address in a future update. Hopefully this helps someone else. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Armor on RBR 750 prevents ethernet / AirPrint / scanning / networked printing

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7