Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need to remove ARMOR on RBR20

Rajganti
Follower

Need to remove ARMOR on RBR20

Hello,

The Armor product got auto installed on my RBR20; since then it has been a nightmare. None of my devices work, my streaming apps don’t work; the kids are t able to get on to school websites. I have read every blog and customer complaint about deleting this crap; I tried all kinds of fixes; rebooted the router, toggled the security settings to off; the app shows activated - off; power cycled the modem, the router, short of doing a factory reset I have done everything else and nothing works. This is a real random ware like product, absolutely disappointing and I will never ever buy a Netgear product in my life again. This is a huge mistake; i grappled with this issue the whole day and I cannot get it to work. I need a fix right away. If not, I just going to trash the whole system of routers and satellites and will tell all and sundry how lousy this product is. Absolutely ridiculous update. Pls fix this ASAP.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
xdfdr44
Aspirant

Re: Need to remove ARMOR on RBR20

If there's any new firmware model available, click on sure button for firmware upgrade. Now, look forward to a while and let the Netgear EX2700 firmware replace well.That’s it! Your extender’s firmware has been up to date on blog. In the case of any issue, feel unfastened to contact the professionals.

Message 2 of 3
jerrypro
Aspirant

Re: Need to remove ARMOR on RBR20

Use the Orbi app on your phone, [Settings][Security] and disable it. As far as I understand it, you cannot completely remove the Armor capability from the router. The only way you could do that is to do a factory reset; but that won't do much because Armor will be right back as soon as you update the Orbi software to the latest version. But as long is you do not activate it with the Orbi app, I believe that Armor will be innocuous (I think!)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7