Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NetGear Armor compared to BitDefender Box 2

HogSolo
Follower

NetGear Armor compared to BitDefender Box 2

Hi, I am curious if anyone compared NetGear Armor on the Orbi router (or any othe NetGear router) to the standalone BitDefender Box 2?  I am currently using the BitDefender Box 2 with an Orbi router and the setup is working as expected plus get protection across all devices (similar to NetGear Armor).  It would be nice to eliminate a device (Box 2) if Armor will provide the same protection and benefits.  Thanks!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Smalltowntx
Initiate

I am considering upgrading my currrent Netgear Router. I have been looking into the Orbi Mesh System. I have a Bitdefender Box 2 and I am very satisfied with the Bitdefender product. I could not find any good information on Orbi and Bitdefender Box 2, on Netgear's site, so I contacted Bitdefender. Here is what I learned.

1. The Orbi mesh system is fully compatible with BOX2.

2. Regarding comparing the two, there is no comparison available as the protection they offer is virtually identical, The interface is different tho.

3. As the interface differs, some features might be different or lacking entierly.

4. The Netgear does not come bundled with Total Security software for unlimited devices as the BOX2 does.

Based on this conversation with Bitdefender, I would say that the Bitdefender Box 2 is the product that I would continue to use. Of course it would come down to what features you need and use in your situation. For me, I want to be able to protect my devices with Bitdefender Total Security, and keep the protection that I feel the Bitdefender Box 2 provides for my Home Network. I hope this information helps someone else.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
spewak
Luminary

I was previously using Box 2 but had problems with devices connected to my Satellite when router was in AP mode. I am on the trial period of Armor and comparing the two is difficult. Armor software has issues and I am currently debating whether to extend my trial to a full sub. If your Box 2 is working for you as expected, I would defintely recommend you stay put.

Message 2 of 5
MRHommel1
Initiate

This is good to know.  I have BOX 2 and Orbi RBK20. Orbi is in AP mode and I just installed the new update for Orbi.  I was wondering if I could get rid of BOX 2 also and just have one less thing plugged in upstairs.  I think I'm going to just stick with my current set up. It would be nice if we could get a side by side comparison of the differences between the two.

Message 3 of 5
Smalltowntx
Initiate

I am considering upgrading my currrent Netgear Router. I have been looking into the Orbi Mesh System. I have a Bitdefender Box 2 and I am very satisfied with the Bitdefender product. I could not find any good information on Orbi and Bitdefender Box 2, on Netgear's site, so I contacted Bitdefender. Here is what I learned.

1. The Orbi mesh system is fully compatible with BOX2.

2. Regarding comparing the two, there is no comparison available as the protection they offer is virtually identical, The interface is different tho.

3. As the interface differs, some features might be different or lacking entierly.

4. The Netgear does not come bundled with Total Security software for unlimited devices as the BOX2 does.

Based on this conversation with Bitdefender, I would say that the Bitdefender Box 2 is the product that I would continue to use. Of course it would come down to what features you need and use in your situation. For me, I want to be able to protect my devices with Bitdefender Total Security, and keep the protection that I feel the Bitdefender Box 2 provides for my Home Network. I hope this information helps someone else.

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Smalltowntx, thank you for your input. The NETGEAR Armor does come with the Bitdefender Total Security that can be installed on your compatible devices. You can check the link below for additional info.

What features does NETGEAR Armor offer?

https://kb.netgear.com/000059435/What-features-does-NETGEAR-Armor-offer

What is the NETGEAR Armor Bitdefender Total Security feature?

https://kb.netgear.com/000059440/What-is-the-NETGEAR-Armor-Bitdefender-Total-Security-feature

How do I install Bitdefender Total Security on my Windows or MacOS device?

https://kb.netgear.com/000060583/How-do-I-install-Bitdefender-Total-Security-on-my-Windows-or-MacOS-...

Dexter

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7